Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I really wish I had pictures to add with this post but can not find my camera hook-up (so frustrating). We have been busy since my last post. Madison got out of school for the summer so now I have a 6th grader and a kindergartener. Madison made all A's the entire year and got commended on all her TAKS tests and continues to keep her record of never missing a TAKS question in reading EVER! I'm so proud of that girl!

We checked out our community pool and it's really nice...we've been back about 3 times already. We had a family day at a fun place here that has bowling, laser tag, go-carts, and arcade games. It's expensive though so we won't be going often. ;)

I sent Madison away for 2 weeks. She flew to Colorado to spend some time with her dad's dad and his wife. They are then taking a road trip to family reunion in Oregon. Her dad will meet her there and then fly her to San Antonio to spend a couple of days with him and then she will finally be back home. I miss her but I've also enjoyed not hearing her and Gage fighting constantly.

My friend Sarah, her kids (Gabe and Lily), and her mom Becky who use to be our day nurse came to stay with us for 5 days. We had fun going to the Science/Children's Museum which I got to take Autumn with us. Love when we do things where she can come along. We went to a place called surf-n-swim that is a big wave pool. They did shopping while I hit the airport the day Madison left. We also went to the Dallas Zoo....zoo's are my favorite thing EVER! We had a really good time while they were here.

Last night our friends, the Cole family, came over for dinner. It is always nice when we get to see them again. It was fun to see Maggie (who also has SB) and Autumn play together. Maggie army crawls and Autumn would follow her...they looked like 2 turtles slowly making their way around the room. They would sometimes just stop and lay on the floor and stare at each other like "Sheesh, I'm tired. How about you?" It's such a blessing that Autumn has a friend who is like her. I've always seen Autumn around kids who run around and she just lays in the floor watching but to see her interact with Maggie who can not just get up and take off and who takes just as long to get from one place to another was so good for me to watch. I often wonder what Autumn is thinking when kids like her are running around and I never really see the connection she gets with them but I saw a connection with her and Maggie. For her to start following Maggie, it was like she knew Maggie was different like her and she wanted to interact with her. I can't wait to see if they will grow an everlasting friendship together....it would be awesome for them to have someone else who actually gets what they feel and to have someone to talk to about it.

So this week I am looking forward to things slowing down and to get back to our normal routine. Autumn has 3 therapy sessions this week and I hope to have lots of time to just relax with her and Gage this week. I feel like when we stay so busy that I neglect working with Autumn on her goals so it will be nice to get back on track this week. When I find my camera hook-up I will post pics from the week.

No comments: