Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Already done
Bronch took all of 30 mins from sedation to completion. Dr. said everything looked fine. She does have a floppy airway but no granulation issues or obstructions. I asked how her vocal cords looked. He sadi they looked fine but could not test them since she was sedated but maybe we can sometime in the future while she's awake. They modified her speaking valve to relieve some of the pressure when she exhales. He said it's just a matter of her learning to breathe with it on. We will check back in 6-8 weeks so see how it's going and if he will need to modify it more. Praying this will work...I can not express how MUCH I want to hear her make noise and one day be able to say "Momma"..."Dada" would even be fine but I'd like momma more....haha. Just waiting on her to bring her back up from recovery and then hopefully being discharged asap. Getting hungry for some lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad it went well! Hopefully you will hear her sweet voice soon.
What kind of valve do you use? Tracoe makes an adjustable one that you don't have to modify yourself. :o)
Niff, it's the clear passy-muir one. She's tolerating it fine but will not make noise. :( Did MAc make noise right away or did it take her time?
Post a Comment