Friday, May 6, 2011

Application Denial

So, we heard back from the adoption agency about our preliminary application and we have been denied for adoption.  They say it's their policy not to give the reason why.  Seriously?! I was heart-broken and offended.  The application just has your basic information, family info, and criminal history questions and then a short questionaire about reasons for adoption, expectations, & preparedness.  I am so confused on how they can deny us based on the application (we have all the basic qualifications required) and without having a face to face interview with us first.  I was even more upset that it's a Christian agency and they just say no and don't give you a reason and leave us to wonder.  It's very frustrating to know there are HUNDREDS of children available for adoption and families are being turned down just by initial paperwork and no follow-up.  I can understand if they met us, interviewed us and then decided no (would be more hurtful) but to not explore each and every family to be a potential family for children who need homes is crazy to me.  We are not even close to perfect people but on paper we look good...no criminal history, stable job & finances, James being a police officer and having a psychology degree, me being home 24/7 with the kids, etc.  It's beyond my understanding but it's God's plan & I have to have peace in that.  Now is the time to just pray about where God wants us to go next.  Do we apply with another agency, go straight through CPS and not use an agency, or just wait until God says go again? I had complete peace when we sent in the application and was so excited to get the process going but God has a different route & His perfect timing will come through. We've been praying about it nightly and our future child and so we know He's listening and His Will will be done...it's trust time!

I also want to share about Autumn's progress.  I'm actually nervous to type this out because everytime I comment on how well Autumn is doing something goes wrong and we take 2 steps back. ;)  BUT I believe God is answering our prayers on healing & maturing Autumn's brainstem.  This week I keep wanting to pinch myself because I honestly could never imagine this time would come.  I know God's powerful enough but never was sure if it would be in His will to give us that miracle we've hoped for.  Autumn's oxygen saturations have stayed between 97-100 ALL day.  This is NOT normal for Autumn...she goes into the 70's & 80's about 10 times daily (sometimes turning dusky).  She also has gagging episodes which makes her desat as well.  WELL, this week we have only a couple of gagging episodes and within 5 days she's desatted into the 80's only 2 times!!!  We have rarely had to suction her and she's been more alert and cooperating with her therapists and ALL over the house exploring.  I even took her out yesterday by myself and never had to pull over to suction her (even when she coughed).  Coughs usually turn into gagging fits and then turning dusky.  I don't want to get my hopes up that this is actually the miracle we've been praying for and then we step back again but I know this too is also in God's perfect timing.  So, I ask you keep on praying along with me that God's Will be done in Autumn's life as well and that this is the miracle we've been praying for.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Well good grief, I'm so sorry your application was denied. That seems so weird to me. Not knowing the reason for being denied would drive me absolutely crazy!! Well I am certain God has something else in mind. Glad to hear that Autumn is having such a great week! Yay!!

Joanna said...

I'm so glad to hear Autumn is doing well! :) But so sorry about your adoption denial. :( Don't give up. I think you guys would give some special child a wonderful home and family. Praying for guidance and comfort and peace in this journey!

Colleen said...

That is great news about Autumn! Hopefully just the start of great things to come!

How frustrating about the adoption agency! Do you think it's because of having a special needs child? I guess it doesn't really matter because it was God saying no. I'm sure all of this will make sense down the road even if it makes no sense now.

Mikala said...

I'm sorry to hear about the adoption situation. You're right. It will happen in God's time and when one door closes another opens. The news about Autumn is so exciting! Keep us posted.