Sunday, May 8, 2011

Denial Reason

So, I decided to e-mail the adoption agency to ask why we were denied even though it's their policy not to share.  I'm hard-headed and wanted to figure it out.  :) James told me that they will not tell me and to let it be but I refused (submission is hard for me)!  I also asked if they had advice on what we could do next.  Well, the next day I get a very sweet e-mail back telling me the reason why.  It had nothing to do with us...they are only accepting applications for families who want sibling groups or older kids at this time.  They already have several families wanting kids with the same specifics as we are looking for right now so they are not accepting more at this time. I understand but my thinking is if there are kids still available then no one should be turned away until EVERY child has been adopted even though others may be in higher need at this time but guess that is how it works.  They gave me great information on where to look next...going straight to CPS or another agency.  Other agencies may be trying to find more adoptive parents with our specifics. She encouraged me not to give up and even said she talked to her supervisor about my e-mail and they are going to review their policy about not giving reasons on why an application is denied.  See, sometimes it does pay off to be persistant and hopefully they will change their policy so that parents will not get discouraged and want to give up on the process.  So, now we wait for a CPS meeting to attend or until we find an agency who is accepting applications for the type of child we are looking for.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Well, that's a relief! Sometimes being hardheaded pays off. :)

Summers Family said...

SO glad you followed through to get more details. I totally would have done the same thing as I know I would have gone crazy not knowing.

Good luck during this new journey.
Nicole