Saturday, July 30, 2011

Our Beach Vacation

We had a wonderful vacation in South Padre Island and we were so sad to leave & come back home.
We rented a BEAUTIFUL beach house right on the beach with it's own private pool.
Okay, the pool was SMALL but perfect for the kids to play in while we unloaded or at the house relaxing.

My brother, niece, nephew, and Gage getting into the water the first day. We got there late afternoon so the kids swam while we unloaded. Uncle Chris then took the kids to go for a quick dip in the ocean before frying us up some yummy food for dinner.
The next morning my SIL watched Autumn so the Madison, Gage, James, and I could go horseback riding on the beach.  It was so much fun!
Me on my horse...
it was nice to take them into the water and they even allowed us to do some trotting down the beach.
Family Photo

After our riding adventure we had lunch and then the Reed's (my brother's family), the kids, and I went on a snorkeling adventure while James stayed home with Autumn.  Gage is a fish...he snorkeled the entire 55 minutes and LOVED every second.  I'm so proud he's such a animal lover and water person just like his momma!  Madison was NOT thrilled at all of the thought of snorkeling and could not breathe out of her mouth so she got in for less than 5 minutes and gave up. :(  We only saw 3 types of fish but it was still fun. 

The next day the men went deep sea fishing while Jen & I stayed at the beach house with all the kids.  We decided to spend the morning taking all 5 kids to the beach...it's lots of work taking a trach child in a sand/water filled area.  It took us about an hour to get it all set up and ready to bring Autumn down.
Autumn was in her tent to keep the sand from getting to her.  We attempted the ocean for about 10 minutes.  The waves were so strong we could only put her in her floatie faced away from the ocean at the edge and everytime a wave came in I would have to lift the floatie up with it to prevent the salt water from splashing into her trach.  For extra protection we put a hankercheif around her neck to prevent sand from blowing into her trach as well.  She had fun splashing her hand in the water and then hanging out in her tent reading her book and sunbathing in mommy's lap.  The 2 hours was enough for us to decide she got to experience the beach for the week and could hand inside for the rest of the week. ;) Momma and Aunt Jen were tired! It also did not help that the sand burned my feet as I carried her & her suction machine back to the house...ouch!  . 
We spent the rest of the afternoon resting/playing in the house (I took a nap) until the guys got back from fishing and we all went out to dinner.

The next day everyone but Autumn and I went on a pirate adventure.  I think that was everyone's favorite.  It was a 2 hour adventure on the ship with entertainment, face painting, sword fighting, water gun fight, and loads of fun!  I was sad I missed it but was able to watch of videos from it.



After being pirates all of girls went shopping for a couple of hours. 

James, the 2 kids, and I went out to dinner and then on a dolphin sunset cruise that evening.






 The last full day James went golfing while the rest of us stayed at the beach house to play in the ocean & relax around the house for the day.  We could of had more days like that...it was lovely.  The Reed's went on their dolphin cruise that evening while James went bay fishing and I stayed home with the kids to start packing up to leave in the morning. :(  It was a great vacation & did not want it to end.
Madison & Gage doing photos on the beach

View of the beach line from near our beach house

Looking our from our livingroom in the beach house...BEAUTIFUL!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

So jealous, that looks like a blast!!

Colleen said...

Wow, lovely photos! When you said you were going to the beach, I thought that must be tricky with Autumn! But as much work as it was, you're a good mommy for giving her that experience.