I know not everyone understands or supports our decision to adopt. I am actually okay with that because I know we have been called & we must be obedient to His call no matter the disapproval we get. I know I touched some on this last year when we first accepted His calling & made the decision to take the leap of faith to adopt but I wanted to share more of my heart about adoption. My journey to adoption began when I was a little girl. I remember hearing about the orphans in Ethiopia & would pray for those children everday at the dinner table. I then watched a documentary on orphans in Romania when I was in the 6th grade & it spoke to my heart. I honestly have the WORST memory & for these things to stand out to me & impact me for SO many years goes to show how the Holy Spirit starts His work. I realized just a few years ago that not everyone's heart responds the same as mine does when they here about orphans & my eyes were opened that adoption is a calling & not for everyone. Just like a teacher feels called to teach students & I have NO desire to be in a classroom for 8 hours a day dealing with other people's children. ;) We all have our unique talents & purpose in life. My purpose is to be a mommy & serve in any way God asks me to. When I hear about an orphan, abused, or neglected child my heart is wrecked. It hits my core & tears me apart. It pains me to know that children ALL over the world are laying there heads down to go to sleep each night without having a mommy or daddy to tuck them in. There are children wondering what their future holds & if they will ever have a family to love them. I cannot imagine what that must feel like. I was extremely blessed that God placed me into a loving home with parents who loved me deeply. I could of been one of those children though and lived life without hope. I don't want to adopt to rescue a child so that I can feel like I saved a life. I want to adopt to give a child hope. To give a child security, safety, love, food, shelter, and most of all a family. I don't want to be thanked or appreciated. I want to just know that one less child is being abused each night & can lay down at night knowing he is safe & being cared for.
Why now though? I know some people are thinking,"They are crazy,they already have so much going on". Believe me, I understand. Some days are overwhelming & how will we manage with a 4th child coming into our home with so much baggage in their life? Well, to that I say God is much larger than an abused child's baggage. He's so much bigger than our crazy, busy life. Circumstances will never be perfect so we just have to take that leap of faith to do this. We understand adoption is not going to be easy because God never promised us an easy life, He promised He will be there with us every step of the way. I pray nightly for our future son & that he is in a safe, loving foster home right now. Knowing he may still be in harms way makes me want this process to go as quickly as possible. I hope this helps some understand more of our decision to adopt but if not it's still okay. G
4 comments:
Love this!
Well said, Lacey! I am praying for you as you take this journey! We have found in our 10 years of adoption that God picks just the time that seems the craziest to call us to this because it allows Him to show off even more!! We have been told numerous times that we like the drama. I can gaurantee you this girl does NOT like drama! Each step we have just tried to be obedient to God and I know that is what you guys are doing...and through every adoption I have learned even more about the character of God and how my Heavenly Father loves me as I have loved His children! I am so excited for you guys!!!!
Love your heart. It mirrors my own. Thank you for following your call. Blessings to you and your family, wherever they are!
I totally understand why you are doing it and have the utmost respect for your obedience to God.
Post a Comment