Madison turned 13!!!
I can't believe I actually have a teenager...blows my mind!
Madison's Grandma Roxane planned a WONDERFUL & SPECIAL 13th birthday for Madison.
First she rented a limo for Madison and her friends.
 |
| Madison with her parents ;) |
 |
| Grandpa Mike, Madison, and Grampy |
 |
| With mom and James |
 |
Nana, Madison, & Grandma Roxane
|
We took the limo to the Grapevine Mills Mall to let the girls do some shopping and ate at the Rainforest Cafe.

 |
Teenage girls can not go without texting even if they are cruising limo style....ridiculous!!!
After the mall/dinner. We came back home to eat cake, open presents, and watch a slideshow I made for Madison. It was so sweet looking back at all the years of her growing up. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful, independant, loving, strong-willed, intelligent, and caring daughter. I see other girls her age being naive and boy crazy but Madison is different. Don't get me wrong...she LOVES boys but she also feels she's young and there is no reason to NEED a boyfriend (crushes are more fun). I'm just proud she is mature to know how to make good choices and how she opens up to me about her life. I may not get that too much longer but pray she always feels safe and secure to talk with me. I just can not express how blessed I feel!
Madison is my child who likes to be different so she wanted an eyeball cake and cupcakes with Superman and Aliens vs. Monsters. With my A-type personality it was SO hard to not have an ALL theme matching party but we compromised by her allowing the plates/napkins match and then me letting her cakes be what she wants. :)
Grandma Roxane got Madison an iphone which she has been wanting FOREVER! I feel she's not responsible enough for one yet but we will see....she always lost her other cell phone. ;) The scary doll was her grandmother's and she had the phone hidden in the diaper.
All the girls stayed over night for a sleep-over. It was a great party!!!
My birthday is in January as well...so I am one year older. ;(
It's been a laid back month so far. Autumn had a DMSA test Tuesday to check her kidneys. We won't get the results until Feb.7th. Praying kidneys continue to look healthy so we won't have to cath or start on meds. She did great for the test. They first put in a IV for the medicine. They had to poke her 4 times to get an IV started....she did not even cry!! She just watched Dora & was fine. We then had to wait 1.5 hours before going back to get the pictures of her kidneys. They had during going on during the test (which took about 20 mins) so she was good. So proud of her! We have vent clinic at the end of the month and that is about it for this month. So thankful for the calmness after the holidays.
Forgot to add that Gage went in for more bloodwork to check his thyroid levels after they lower his medicine dose. He did not cry and did SUPER!!! His levels came back normal and so his medication dose is working. Yay!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment