Last week Autumn had her 6 month SB Clinic check-up (which has actually been a year). Clinic is long. You see the nurse, the dr, ortho, PT, OT, dietician. It is almost getting useless for us because Autumn is constantly being seen by specialists but they do help as the experts to put all the pieces together from all the specialists when needed. Thankfully, Autumn has been doing well so we really did not have much to cover. The main thing was for us to get contacts to get Autumn a bath seat & medical bed. She will be outgrowing her current stuff pretty soon so we need to get the long process going. Not much happened during clinic to update on. After clinic we had to go she family service to get us set up with a vendor for the equipment I requested. We then headed to lab to get like 8 vials of blood taken to check renal functions & latex allergy & all that good stuff. We then headed to ortho to exchange her wheeled stander for one that fits her better. She got too tall for her last one. ;) Our wheelchair company met us at clinic to "fix" her chair but brought the wrong size laterals on her chair so the PT called the owner to complain about it & to get us the correct parts ordered. She's using the wrong laterals right now & it working ok until the correct parts come. She is happy to have some independance back. :) We have an eye appt. Friday & then should have a break from appts until the end of the month. Thank goodness!!!
Adoption update: things had been quiet lately. We've been submitting our homestudy off but had not been getting any information back. We finally got info on 2 more boys at the end of last week. One we declined on & we are currently waiting for more information on the other one. I'm more at peace & less impatient about it lately. I'm learning to release the "control" & trust in God's timing & not mine.
Lastly, Madison has been sick lately. She was negative for strep & flu so I think it's just a cold. She's had a stressful last 2 weeks so I think it caught up to her. I think she almost over it. Gage has his first loose tooth so he's excited! Only took him 7 1/2 years but better than me who did not lose my first teeth until the 4th grade & even then the dentist had to pull my top 4. We have solid teeth ;) I will try to remember to post a picture as soon as he looses it.
No comments:
Post a Comment