Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weeks 9 & 10 of Summer

Our weeks are starting to slow down as school time is slowly approaching.

Last week we took the kids to the Dallas Nature & Science & Children's Museum.  We had planned to bring Autumn with us but she had a cold starting to brew up so we left her home with daddy to be safe.  They had a shark exhibits & both my kids love sharks (especially Madison) so I knew they would have a good time.

A large Tuna next to a shark

A great white shark

Shark tank...I don't think I'd feel safe with those big opening!

My big girl playing with the young ones


Not sure if that small vest is going to help her from getting wet

Gage did not want to take his picture with the bus but did it to make mommy happy

Gage loves ALL animals, even stuffed ones

We also went to the lake twice that week to play on the wave runner.  Daddy was able to go with us for the very first time.  We had a hard time getting him & Gage off when it was time to go.  I wish we had pictures but we met some new friends at the lake.  There were 2 geese that follow us around & hang with us the whole time.  They love to be fed. :)

One day we did a fun activity that I got from one of my friend's blog.  We found small items, put them in a ziplock bag, filled it with water, & froze it.  The next day the boys had to use tools to break up the ice & find all the items on the list.  They had a great time!

One night Madison & I went over to my cousin's house to play games. We also went to Six Flags one evening.  I'm getting too old to keep up with these kids so by the end of the week, I was exhausted!  Okay, week 9 wasn't a slow week after looking back but week 10 was. :)

This week we've been just hanging out pretty much.  I volunteered for a school friend of Gage's to come over half a day for the next 3 weeks to play while her mom starts back to work.  Her & Gage are a mess together but they have a blast so it keeps him occupied as long as they are not getting into something they are not suppose to.  I took them swimming yesterday morning but it started pouring down rain so our outdoor time was cut short.  Madison has drill camp this week, she was nervous since she is an officer this week but I know she will be great at it.  Autumn starts her 6 month appointments which means weeks of different dr. appts.  She has 2-3 appts each month until November plus her weekly therapy appts & school starts at the end of the month.  It gets exhausting getting her in & out & then she cries for appts now so that is an added stress.  We do what we have to do though for our chidren.  :)

No updates on the adoption front.  I have not heard how the court went or anything else.  I know there is just one child out there made specifically for us so I'm sitting in that peace.  When God prepares & allows him in our home it will be on His perfect timing & that is what I want.  :)

No comments: