Saturday, November 17, 2012

Approved

The CPS meeting took place yesterday for the sibling separation.  I received an e-mail saying it was approved that "P" & his half-sister can be adopted separately.  I do not know if they are going to require us to have mandatory visits with his sister & her new family in the future or if they will just leave that up for us to decide. However, we now can resume with our adoption process for "P".  They are waiting on the files to be de-identified.  They sent them in August but still have not received them back yet so hopefully they will be here sooner than later. 

I decided to get a VERY part time job to help out a little with our finances & give me somewhat of a life outside of home. The hours very from 2-8 hours a week so it's manageable. ;)  James is having to work overtime every week since our house payment went up so I thought I'd try to help some.  James could actually work  an hour of overtime & make more than I can a week but these are hours he would not be working anyways so every little but helps right?  We are about to be a family of 6 so I want to be prepared. :)

The kids are doing good.  Madison is done dancing for football season but now basketball season is starting up & then she will be preparing for their spring show after that so she's staying busy.  She is still doing great with her hard schedule this year.  When she was young, I always worried what type teenager she would be because she was NOT an easy toddler or child.  She's only 13 but so far she has made me so proud.  She makes sure mature & good choices & is just like the typical teenager except for the moodiness of course. :)  Gage had a little bit of a rough start in school but he's doing much better now.  He's becoming more responsible & independant.  Right now he is testing out tennis lessons at school which I think he likes & may want to stick with.  We'll see, he gets bored with sports pretty fast so I'm waiting to see what will actually stick.  Autumn is doing AWESOME!  She's doing great at school & personal therapy.  She has even been having less issues with allergies this year which is so great for her.  She's more interactive with everyone & she's showing more of her personality.  It's great to finally see her want to cooperate more & building new skills.

We are out for our week long Thanksgiving break.  I so needed it.  It's going to be so nice to stay home & relax all week.  We decided to not travel anywhere this year. My parents will be in town for 4 days so that will be nice.  Madison though is flying to New York to spend the holiday with her dad, grandparents, aunts, uncle, & cousins.  She gets to do sight seeing, Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, shopping, & more. I'm so jealous but happy she gets to experience things like this at her age.  I'll miss her though!


1 comment:

Colleen said...

congrats and glad everyone is doing great!