Friday, December 7, 2012

They came!!!

Fed Ex finally delivered the files today around 2pm. It was one little CD with 702 pages!!! I can not discuss the information on the file but I can say I was already feeling overwhelmed by page 2. CPS uses abbreviations that I had no clue what they meant. I am use to medical abbreviations by now but these were from a whole new world. ;) I managed to read a little more & figure most of them out using my context clues. So, I sat down reading report after report & writing down important information and questions. It was not always in order so I had to pay close attention to each report date to get a correct timeline of events. I laughed & cried while reading the report. Some tears were of joy. Hearing about milestones or major events in the life of my soon to be son. I realized that even though I did not give birth to this child or was not around for his first several years of life, that I can still see how he grew because of the detailed reports written by the CPS caseworkers. I am so thankful for that. After a total of about 6-7 hours, I finally finished scanning through all 702 pages. Some papers are irrelevant & just CPS business that can be read in further detail if ever needed in the future. I read all the most important pages of his development & got to know my son a little more. He seems like he is a great kid! I can't wait to meet him! It's not official yet but as soon as they allow us to give our final yes then we can move to the next step. James & I are 100% sure we want this child as our son. We've been praying for him for over a year now. Many boys have been presented to us but no one captured ALL of our hearts like this child. The entire family is excited about him & that is a miracle in itself to have the teenager excited too. ;) I've already sent an e-mail to our caseworker with our questions & yes to move forward when we can. I'm sure the next step will be more waiting but we are getting closer. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Yay! So excited for you guys!