Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Gage!

May 17, 2004, I went into the hospital to be induced to deliver my 2nd child. We had no clue if we were having a boy or girl, we wanted it to be a surprise...but I had a feeling it would be a boy. I remember hearing the doctor say, "It's a boy" & being thrilled. I had NO idea how much that little boy would steal my heart. I love my girls but there is such a sweet bond between a mother & her son. He has brought so much joy & laughter into our home. When he was little, he was into everything & climbed everything! There was such a difference in raising a boy than a girl! The child NEVER slept & never stopped moving! Finally, at about 2 years old he slept through the night for the first time...whew! Gage has always been a funny child & 9 years later he is no different. He keeps us entertained by his singing, dancing & beat boxing. He loves to be center of attention. He also LOVES animals! From the time he could barely walk, he would find a bug & kiss it & every other animal he could find & even though he's more scared of bugs now, he still can not get enough of learning about animals. He adores them! He is such a lovable kid as well, he still loves to cuddle with his mommy too & claims he will continue when he's 16...I'm documenting it now to show him when he changes his mind on that one. ;) Every year I tell him he is not allowed to turn another year older...I want him to stay my little boy forever! I am so blessed to be his mommy & I love that boy with ALL my heart!

No comments: