Monday, June 10, 2013

Mom-cation

I am on a mom-cation right now. You may think I am sitting on a beach with my girlfriends or shopping until I drop. Nope. I am at home with my 2 daughters, nephew, & mother. May not sound like a "vacation" but it is to me. You see, I have nurses to care for Autumn, Madison pretty much takes care of herself & just needs me as her taxi, & my mom is taking care of my nephew that I am watching for 2 nights. James took the boys out of town to Austin & San Antonio. It was suppose to be an overnight trip for the both of us to take Noah Pedro to his dr appt in San Antonio. However, we don't trust to leave our new night nurse overnight with Autumn without us home so we were going to have to make it a day trip. Neither one of us wanted to drive 5 hours there & then 5 hours back in one day so I mentioned to James that he could take him, visit family & friends in Austin & I could just stay home. It's hard for me to give up the control of not being in every detail & missing a dr appt but this momma needs a break!!! So, we convinced Gage he should go too & the boys left on Sunday. I thought it should just be a night trip, James wanted to stay gone 3 nights, so we compromised for 2 nights away. After 1 night away, I am reconsidering letting them stay gone for 3 nights. I forgot what it was like to have just 2 kids. Yes, it's still hard work but 4 kids have worn me out!!! All those people who told me, "Once you have 3 or more kids, it's no big difference" LIED! It may be that 2 of my 4 have special needs so it's just A LOT more to handle! So, you wonder what I've done on this mom-cation huh? Well, I was so excited to sleep in this morning but couldn't. I tried but my body was wide awake at 7:15 am. I guess you could consider that sleeping in since the boys wake up at 6:30am but I really wanted to hit the 8 or 9am numbers on the alarm clock. :( It was my last chance for the week too..bummer! So got up & ready. Mom, nephew, & I went grocery shopping, got gas, & ran by the bank. Came home, put away groceries & did some laundry & sewed. Picked up Madison from VBS. Brought her home, took the dog to the vet to check her thyroid levels. Came home, took Madison shopping for some summer clothes, ran to Petsmart to get some frozen mice for the snake. Sewed a little more. Fed the snake. We all went to eat...this was so exciting for Madison & I. You see, our family literally only gets to go out to eat about 5 times a year! We eat out but it's always sending James to grab food to bring home to eat. We can't take Autumn to restaurants because she has high anxiety, cries, turns blue, & then dinner is ruined so we don't even bother. Just to have the freedom to go sit in a food place is HUGE!! We were able to do this since our day nurse worked until 7pm instead of 5pm today...we have to see if she wants to do it once a month because it's such a treat to do a small little thing as a family. After dinner, came home to do Autumn's trach care, played some UNO with my nephew, watched some TV, did some more laundry, & now blogging. I had planned to do some deep cleaning & organizing but things were just too busy today. I hope to tackle that tomorrow but just laying around doing nothing is tempting too before the boys return home :) Mom is staying until Friday so at least she will occupy the boys the rest of the week :)

No comments: