Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Hello
Just wanted to check in and give you a quick update. We are in Dallas for appts. and house hunting. Yesterday Autumn had a gastric emptying study done that lasted 90 mins. Good thing we did not have to stay there the full 4 hours it could of taken. We have not gotten the results back from it yet. This morning she had her upper GI done. They gave her 30 cc (1 oz.) of barium and she was completely refluxing it. So, we learned it does not take much for her to be refluxing so it is more severe than we ever thought. She has no obstructions in her GI tract so that is good news. We now just wait for Dr. Adams to get all the results and then talk to us about what our options are....probably different meds, continous feeds, or maybe even surgery. I just hope we can get it figured out and fixed and maybe she can go back to eating by mouth or even improve her respiration issues. We are doing our first house hunting this afternoon and seeing the house I have fallen in love with....hope it lives up to my expectations. I think it's a perfect location and the kids schools would be across the street from each other and only a couple blocks from home which would help me out taking care of Autumn without nursing. ;) James is not sold on it so I hope he likes it as well. ;) I've been wanting to post pictures and videos of Autumn but too busy to do it so maybe I can get it done next week sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment