Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Overwhelmed, tired, and stressed out

Great way to start a post huh? All I really need to say is that I have been homebound for 11 days with both Gage and Autumn. I've been outdoors twice in the 11 days..one on a walk with the kids and one to load up my van with boxes. I've gotten dressed only twice. We are bored and tired. Autumn's desats are becoming less frequent as her nose is clearing up however she's still not sleeping at night. I think she may have an ear infection from all the drainage just because she wakes up crying. No fever and no seizures yet so not positive if that's waht it is. OR it could be that she's just WAY TOO spoiled now and wants mommy sitting or standing by her bed all hours of the day and night. We can be holding her but talking to someone else or watching TV and not paying attention to her and she pulls her vent off for attention. Very demanding little girl who is so use to the world revolving around her. I've realized she's not as cute smiling at me in the middle of the night when I've only have an hour of sleep. She also only took a 30 min. nap today after keeping me up from 1am-4:30am last night. I can not wait to hand this child over to her daddy on Friday. Thank goodness Nana is around to give me somewhat of a break to at least get out of the room at times. I was doing good the first 8 days but these last few days are just draining me.

I've been spending the week packing up things here and calling people to change addresses and TRYING to reschedule some of Autumn's dr. appts but no one wants to call me back even though I've called half a dozen times. So far our schedule for the first couple of weeks in Rockwall are going to be busy. Autumn has 5 dr. appts scheduled so far and still needing to schedule 2 more. Have to get to the WIC office to re-order her formula for the month of May and need to get Madison registered at her new school. All this while needing to unpack a house, meet with the equipment company, nursing company, and ECI to get her therapy going again. All I want to do though is relax and enjoy our new house and not have to worry about anthing else. You know I'm really sick of my life consisting of driving Autumn to appt after appt..it's my full-time job now and I wish it's one I could quit at times. When will these appts. slow down? I hate having to put Autumn through them all as well with getting blood drawn, radiographs, ultrasounds, and all the other types of tests they run and waiting for hours at some of them. I also still need to find a pediatrician when I get there as well. So much to do. Yuck!

Okay, I'm done venting now. Gotta go do trach care and give meds and get Gage's bath done before Survivor comes on. ;) Also...Gage and Madison are in a screaming fight so I better go referee. Oh, the life of a mom!

Edit to post: 7:00pm and just realized it's Wednesday and not Thursday...my evening is now ruined..haha. I even cut Gage's hair all in time to sit down to relax to my favorite show. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you a break but from 1 mom to another, hang in there it will get better soon!