Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time for a detailed update

I still can not find my hook-up to download my pictures from my camera to my computer so that will have to come later. I'm so thrilled with the house and all my fears went away about it as soon as I walked through the door on Friday. The rooms are bigger than they looked when there was no flooring down and there is plenty of room for the kids furniture and still have floor space to play. Yea! The house looks just beautiful! James and I were outside this evening watering the new sod and trees and I told him that I never thought we would live in such a beautiful home. God has really blessed us after all these years of watching every little penny we spent and trying to always use His money wisely. He is faithful!

The first evening Autumn just sat in her highchair in the livingroom watching us all going back and forth unpacking for hours and never fussed once. She seems to love her new atmosphere. My brother's family and my cousin and her daughter all came over the first night. My cousin's daughter stayed the first 2 nights with us and then Saturday all the girls went to a fun night at a gymnastics gym and I had all 3 girls that evening and then Sunday night the girls went with my SIL (sister-in-law) while my nephew spent his first ever night with his aunt. One of the most exciting things for me is to be living so close to my niece and nephew so they can stay over whenever they want (just wish my other 2 nephews were closer to do the same). Behind our house the lots have not been built yet so there is a small creek, lots of open land with green grass and trees and a 30-acre pond. The kids had a blast exploring around and we can see them from the windows in our livingroom overlooking our backyard. The bad thing is ALL the clay-like mud they brought home with them and trying to get it off the shoes. I am going to find some great play shoes for all the kids that can stay muddy and outside. ;) My dad, James, and brother spent the day installing fans and other things I needed in the house while the girls unpacked boxes.

Monday my SIL watched Madison and Gage while mom and I took Autumn to her first dr. appt. We left the house at 10:30am and got home about 2:30pm and saw the dr. for only about 5 mins of that time but at least it was not a 6 hour drive this time. ;) As soon as I got home I had enough time to eat before the new equipment company came to deliver our new supplies. So far they have been great! We even got 2 vents so now I can keep one upstairs and one downstairs so Autumn is not stuck on just one floor. Just before they left the nursing company guy came to do his paperwork with me. So, by 5:00pm we were done with all that and then that evening our night nursing started. I had gone 6 weeks without night nursing and a month without day nursing so I was dreading going back to using nurses but James was making me. The night before though I was stuck sleeping in a chair by Autumn all night so I have to admit I was ready for a full nights sleep. Our nurse seemed nice and confident and I felt comfortable with her. I kept waking up at night though thinking it should be morning already since I was not use to having so much sleep. ;)

Tuesday I enrolled Madison and Gage (for next year) into school. The school is only 3 years old and HUGE. All the staff were nice and they had 2 girls from her class come get Madison and show her a tour of the school. Afterwards, James and I headed off to vent clinic with Autumn. It was a very good clinic. They went down on her vent settings and daytime breathrate. Her dr. said her CO2 levels and chest x-rays were perfect. We will continue to wean as she tolerates and they are getting an oxygen adaptor we can put to her trach so she can have O2 as needed without having to put her back on the vent when she has her desats. We came up with a plan for getting her off continous feeds over the next 2 months and then going to get her enrolled into a outpatient feeding therapy (located right here in Rockwall) to help her start feeding by mouth once again. They were pleased with her progress. She sometimes is off the vent for up to 5-6 hours at a time. Made it home about 3:15pm and heard ALL about Madison's wonderful first day of school and then the doorbell rang with her new friend already visiting. This girl is in her class, rides the same bus, and lives in a home with the same floor plan as ours, and has pink/zebra bedroom which Madison has a purple/zebra bedroom. We actually almost picked the house right next door to her but since it already had carpet we chose this house instead. So, Madison already made friends and LOVES her new school. I was worried about her but I think this is really going to be the best thing for her as well as Autumn. Today after school she had 3 girls over and they played from 3:30pm until I finally made Madison come home at 7:00pm. They just go from house to house and explore the neighborhood and play with all the kids. We LOVE this neighborhood so far...VERY quiet but maybe that's because we are the only ones on the street?? haha We do have neighbors moving in across the street that we met this evening.

So, things are going good...mom and I went shopping today and spent too much money on house stuff and not even close to being done. I have not been able to unpack much so hope to get more done Friday and Saturday before mom leaves on Sunday. Tomorrow we have a 7:45am appt and a 3:00pm renal ultrasound so that stinks we will be gone all day since the appts. are so far apart but one is SB clinic so I hope we can get some more done with knowing what direction to go with Autumn's therapy and other stuff. Tomorrow evening my brother will be over with his kids and this weekend will probably be a full house again but I am enjoying it. Well, better get some rest since 5:45am will be here sooner than I want.

1 comment:

Mikala said...

How exciting! It sounds like everything is going very well.