It's here! Madison and Gage have gone to bed and ready to start their new year of school in the morning. I remember when I was sending Madison off to her first day of kinder...I was NOT worried at all! She's such an independant girl and so smart. She was always a handful for me but was always good for others. I KNEW she would do just fine and she has. I can not believe she has now outgrown me and starting 6th grade (now next year I will be terrified for her starting middle school). She's very excited about her teacher and new friends and school. I hope her 6th grade year was as awesome as mine was.
Gage DREADED the school idea until after Friday when we met his teacher. He already gave her a taste of his fun personality by striking a pose when she wanted to take his picture. Lord, help her this year. ;) He's excited about meeting new friends and can not wait until he can have some over for a sleepover. We already had met 3 families whose kids are in the same class as Gage so it will be good that he already as met a few kids. One of which is his pediatrician's son. Tonight he could not wait to go to bed so he could wake up for school. It helped take all my worries away about tomorrow because the past few weeks he's been a big momma's boy and I was afraid him and I would both be crying and not wanting to let go in the morning. I'm going to miss him though while he's gone. I've either not worked or have worked part time since having Gage so I think the house will feel empty and quiet all day. Who can I play the Wii with on my cleaning breaks now? Who's going to talk my ear off all day about levels on Super Mario Brothers? Who is going to eat breakfast every morning with Autumn in her bed? Okay, I am crying now. I guess since Madison was my first born I could not wait for the next adventure or phase but seeing how fast the time went from kinder-6th with her makes me want to freeze time now with all of them. I know life must go on and it's my job to raise them into independant adults one day but I REALLY wish they could all stay little forever. So, I will post pictures tomorrow and let you know how great their first day of shcool went...and hopefully my day will go good as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment