Sunday, September 19, 2010

Autumn's 2nd Birthday party

Autumn had a WONDERFUL party!!! I would post pictures with this post but my brother took them all on his camera so when I get them downloaded to my computer I will just do a long pictures post ;)

I invited about 60 people to Autumn's party and half showed up so I was very excited so many people came to celebrate with us. I rented a jumper with 2 slides and the older kids had a blast playing on that and even got the water hose going to get cooled off...it was HOT! I also made cupcakes and we have about 6-8 different toppings like gummy bears, M&M's, marshmallows, etc and 4 different colored icing and let the kids have a blast decorating their own cupcakes (and adding toppings to their ice cream as well). Yes, the adults got into the fun as well. Everything was in ELMO theme since Autumn LOVES Elmo! She had an Elmo cupcake cake as well which was adorable and a cute Elmo outfit on!

The best part of the entire party so was that Autumn was off her pulse-ox for the entire party and never went blue on us!!! The only time we take her off her pulse-ox is for bathtime but James and I wanted her to be cord-free for her party so we just made sure one of us (or aunt Jen) kept an eye on her the entire time. It was nice not to hear beeping the entire time and not having to carry around her pulse ox as well.

I had also invited 2 families that I had only met on Facebook and the SB support group I'm on. Caleb and his mom Cassie came...Caleb is 5 and using a walker and wheelchair to get around and him and Gage had fun playing together. He was such a cute and funny boy who you can tell does what he wants and SB has not held him back. Joshua and his mom Heather came as well. Joshua will be 2 next month and is adorable. He's so smart, talks so good, and using a wheelchair to get around which it's amazing to watch him move it around. (I think Autumn found her a boyfriend) ;) It's special for me to meet others who can relate and to see what hope I have for Autumn's future. Thanks ladies for taking time out of your busy schedules to come celebrate with us!

I also had many friends who I do not see often who live in the area that came to the party as well and it was great getting to see everyone even if I did not get a chance to visit with everyone as much I wish I could of. Of course blessed for our family that made time to come as well. Autumn got the CUTEST outfits and lots of great toys (no duplicates either!)

Autumn still does not understand what a birthday is but I think she enjoyed all the extra people here paying attention to her and all her new toys to explore. This morining she's been all over the house chasing balls and a cute catapillar toys that rolls across the floor. She's taken apart all her puzzles and loves to place the balls into the gumball toy machine she got. She also loves her new Elmo, Elmo phone, and Elmo camera..I don't think there is one toy she's rejected yet. ;) We are so blessed to have had another great year of her in our lives and pray God will allow us many, many more years to come. Happy 2nd Birthday Autumn! Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, and Bubba love you more than you will ever know and we are so proud of you and thankful you are in our lives!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You kept mentioning your baby keeps throwing up. Just a thought, but are you keeping a food log?

I had a coworker who went through this with a son and it took a strict food log to figure it out. It was some additive in food, and with a little of it he was fine, but too much and he'd start vomiting. It took them a while and some searching to figure it out. Just a thought?

Lacy said...

Thanks for the idea but my daughter is only fed a certain formula through her g-button and nothing else. It could be her formula though...the drs. though have to go through the entire process of running tests, getting her reflux meds right, and then seeing if it may be the formula...I persoanlly wanted to start with the formula but since she was on it before all the vomiting started they felt it best to start elsewhere. ;)