God has decided to answer a few prayers for us this week.
Prayer 1: HELP!!! I've been overwhelmed and need of a MAJOR break lately and so my mom decided that next weekend when she comes down for my nephews birthday she will stay a week with us. Dad will have to make 2 trips but he says he does not mind. Mom is going to give me a mini-vacation and help clean my house and take care of my kids. I do have the best parents on Earth...I admit they are even better than the parents my kids have. ;)
Prayer 2: We have been without a day nurse since the beginning of December. I met a new nurse today who will be starting Tuesday. She will work Tuesdays so that my SIL and I can hang out without children. We can have adult conversation, do coupon shopping, fun shopping, get pedicures, have lunch,work on house projects, do scrapbooking, and just about anything we want for a full 6 hours each week. This weekly break was so good for me and I have really missed it. I've learned it's something I need to refresh myself for the other 6 days of the week. The nurse actually works at the hospital that we go to for vent clinic and where we learned to care for Autumn's trach needs so she's with trach kids all the time and knows how we were taught and knows our drs. well. I felt instantly comfortable with her so I really think she will be a good fit for us.
Prayer 3: Some nights are really rough for Autumn. Yesterday she did not take a nap and she was beyond exhaustion by bedtime. She HATES to sleep and fights it. I video taped it but it's too dark to see well. She does everything possible to keep herself up. She rocks, she flip flops from one end of the bed to the other, she waves her arms, she sits up over and over, she shakes her head, she runs her hand across the bed rails, she grabs her ambu bag and puts it to her ear and squeezes it over and over, she take my hands and has me rubbing her face, head, or patting her back, she messes up her blankets, and if she starts to doze she will pull her vent tubes off to wake her up. At times she looks like she's having a seizure just by the way she acts...she does this until her body is so tired and her eyes can no longer open up. I try to calm her and hold her still but she just gets aggitated and does not want to be touched at times. She doesn't always do this at night but the nights she does it is hard to watch and not be able to comfort and calm her. She does not like to be held or rocked when she's this tired. So, last night we went through this for about 45 mins...I would sing to her, lay her back down, try rubbing her, hold her hand, leave her alone and just sit by her bed. Finally (why I resort to prayers in the end and not the beginning is beyond me) I decided to pray over her. As soon as I started speaking aloud to God she got still. I had been rubbing one of her arms while she was waving her other arm in the air. But instantly her body stopped moving. I asked God to relax her body and slow her mind down. To close her eyes and give her peace and just let her little body rest. Literally she was snoring in less than 30 seconds. Wow! I love when God reminds me that He's always listening to me. There are those prayers I pray when God's answer to me is not now and that I must wait but then there are those that he's ready to give if I would just think about asking. Thank You God for all these wonderful answered prayers and even for the ones you are making me wait on for your perfect timing. You are always true and faithful to us! I love how you remind me of your power during my times of doubt. It's awesome to be your child...thank you!
3 comments:
Why do we wait until we are at the end of ourselves to pray? I do it too. I often insist on trying to get by on my own and then I find myself worn down, beat up, and so fatigued. Happy to hear about all of your answered prayers! What a blessing to have your mom coming and getting a new nurse. Very exciting!
Wow. That last one was amazing to read about. How wonderful when our Father reminds us of His power in the form of such a blessing. Thank you so much for sharing that -it's a reminder I ALWAYS need. :)
Ah, great story about the power of prayer!
Post a Comment