Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday night update

As I sit next to Autumn's crib waiting for her to fall asleep I thought I would give an update on our past week.


Monday: I took Madison, her friend, Gage, and Dean to the Dallas Zoo. Aunt Jen stayed home with Autumn because her allergies had been bad the past week and I did not want to get her outside all day and make it worse. It was SO nice to get outdoors and do one of my favorite things....I always wanted to be a zoologist, marine biologist, or animal trainer..I just have that passion for animals and could watch them all day long! After the zoo, took Gage to gymnastics and went grocery shopping. Oh, cute story: Gage asked me where his present was. I asked what present? He said that I had said that Monday they had no school because it was Presents Day lol...I told him no, I said President's Day and had to explain to him what that was. He was disappointed. I laughed so hard...poor guy!


Tuesday: New day nurse started. I liked her and think she will do well. She worked Autumn all day and wore her out which was good. ;) Autumn had PT and speech that day also. I also got started on getting my stuff ready for the JBF sale (it's a consignment sale for baby/kids items that comes twice a year...it's a great way to get rid of stuff and make a little money to shop for more stuff. ;) Took Madison to middle school orientation that evening...left with a huge headache that lasted for the next 24 hours.

Wednesday: Autunm had OT, which I bailed on & let Aunt Jen sit through while I went and did some coupon shopping. Spent the rest of the day finishing my JBF sale stuff and watching American Idol with the family

Thursday: Clean my SIL's house..made some cash. ;) Came home to clean some of my house. Madison and I made some Chocolate Coconut Bars for a Chocolate Festival we were going to be attending on Friday. Had more American Idol family time.


Friday: Cleaned the rest of my house..actually got most done on Sunday & was able to maintain a semi-clean house all week. ;) Parents arrived into town. Yay! Took Madison to the cardiologist. Her pediatrician discovered she had a heart murmur back in August so I finally got around to getting her in. I was not impressed with the office at first because before the nurse even talked to us about anything she made sure she got our $1,207 payment. They just were not kid friendly for a pediatric cardiologist. She had an EKG done and then an echocardiogram. He discoverd she has an innocent murmur that is not and will not ever cause any issues. She has a very healthy heart! Her blood pressure is high at times but I think it's from how nervous and worked up she gets for dr. appts. but they want to do blood pressure checks at home for a week to make sure. We will start that in a couple of weeks. Came home..made another batch of the chocolate bars...visited with family. Madison, Steph, Jordyn, and I went to the Chocolate Festival for mothers and daughters at our church. We were to make a dessert to be judged and eaten by others. We ate TONS of chocolate, watched games played with desserts, and had a great time just being out of my house on a Friday evening for a couple of hours. ;)

Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday party and then the rest of next week my mom will be here to help out so we will be SUPER busy. ;) One week is not long enough but I will take what I can get.




No comments: