Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

Good Friday the kids were out of school for the day but Autumn had an eye appt. that morning.  Dr. said vision still looks good but he could tell she is favoring her left eye over her right one.  He said for us to start patching the left eye for an hour a day to help strengthen the right one.  I am not sure how Autumn will react to that but I guess I find out as soon as I remember to get a patch.  ;) 

After the appt. we came home to color Easter eggs with our cousins.  Autumn swung in the swing while the kids colored eggs and at the end I tried to get her to put some stickers on an egg.  She hates stickers and wanted to just throw the egg on the ground.  She then fell fast asleep in my lap so I would stop the torture!
 Later that evening we cooked out and then hid eggs for the kids.  Autumn HATED that as well.  I put her in her wheeled stander but she cried & turned blue the entire time so I finally took her out.  I then attempted to sit her in the grass and she freaked out feeling the grass and cried more.  I guess it turned out as a bad day for her. We did however manage to get her to play with the fake grass in her Easter basket and she actually enjoyed pulling it out and putting it back into the basket so that was a HUGE step for her.

 Saturday morning we went to a park to have an Easter brunch & egg hunt with our life group at church.  I was afraid Autumn would cry the entire time because she's not a big fan of being outdoors but she did great.  There was a baby swing that I was able to push her in, she loves swinging!  It was a beautiful morning with perfect weather. 


We attended Easter service at church that evening.  On Sunday morning the kids opened their Easter baskets & we spent the day in our pj's and doing our weekend cleaning.  Gage woke up Easter morning and had lost his very first tooth.  I took a picture but only on my ipad & can't get it to post on my blog so you will have to check out my facebook to see it.  The weekend was fun time with family but the best part was remembering the reason we celebrate Easter in the first place.  Christ's death & resurrection for us.  Gage & I took the time on Thursday night to watch The Passion of the Christ.  I had to fast forward some of the parts since I think some of it may be too scary or bloody for him to see but wanted him to see reality of what Jesus went through for him.  He is not one to sit still through a movie but he was very intrigued by it & I had to read the entire movie to him.  He would also ask questions & I think it helped him understand more the meaning of communion & what it represents having the visuals.  My prayers for my kids is not only to have health & happiness but most importantly to become children of God.  I want them to know Christainity is more than believing God saves you from hell but to understand it's a relationship that changes everything about you. I want to see them produce fruit from their faith & to understand NOTHING can overcome them if Christ is their savior. 

1 comment:

Mikala said...

Ah! Good post! I loved the part about the true meaning of Easter! Your kids are lucky to have a mama who wants them to have an intimate relationship with God. :)