Saturday, September 29, 2012

4 year check-up

Friday I took Autumn for her 4 year check-up.  She weighs 27.6 lbs & 34.5 inches tall.  I got a lecture from the doctor about doing things for Autumn that she can do herself.  Autumn was playing a Mickey Mouse game on the ipad & she grabbed my hand to point to an arrow to make it go to the next page.  One the next page she has to move ducks into a chest with her finger.  She does all 10 ducks by herself & then wants me to push the arrow when done.  The dr. observed this & then fussed me for helping her when she can do it by herself.  My nurse then tells the dr. how I do things all the time for her instead of making her do it.  Apparently I am being manipulated by my 4 year old & had not realized it.  I just have a hard time knowing if it's something she really does not understand or if it's something she is just being stubborn about & does not want to do herself.  So, I got a written note from the doctor saying, "MAKE HER WORK-SHE KNOWS HOW TO DO A LOT" & she even signed it so I can show daddy too who apparently has been manipulated as well.  So, the gig is now up Autumn & your days of being lazy are over! 

Autumn temp has been in the 99's ever since she got sick over a week ago.  I've been slightly worried maybe she was getting a UTI but thought maybe it was just from allergies or something.  The doctor said her left ear is draining so she ordered some drops...that takes care of that problem.  :)  I called the pharmacy to see if they were ready & she did not have our insurance listed yet so the drops were going to be $177...for ear drops! That is crazy!  Thankfully, after insurance it cost us nothing. 

Autumn ended up getting 4 immunizations & a flu shot.  She did not feel a thing until the last one in her right leg & it caused her left leg to fly straight up from the reaction.  She still did not cry but good to see she can feel some deep pain in her right thigh. :)

1 comment:

Sweet Sadie said...

My daughter plays the same game on her iPad, she gets mad that she can't say Go Pete, go and always makes my son do that part. My daughter Sadie is three and their histories are almost identical. It is difficult sometimes to let them do things on their own, they have to work so much harder on everything but they really are tough little cookies!