There were quite a few kids there all receiving their new bikes from littles to teenagers. There are so excited! The representatives helped us get all fitted. They even gave Autumn a free helmet which she did not care to wear. She's not able to do it by herself just yet. There is a handle that sticks out of the bike so has I push her she does the handles & her feet automatically move. This is going to be a great work out for her legs, arms, & core strength. There is a strap around her waist but if she does not hang onto the bars, she tips over & the entire bike falls so she has to make sure to actually work to ride. The best thing for me is that she has no wheels to stop it like in her wheelchair so I have control to push her without her stopping every 5 seconds. :) We loaded up the bike when we were done & it felt strange just driving off with the free AmTryke that is not cheap. They cost between $400-$500. We wouldn't be able to buy her one without help so it's so nice to be blessed with a tricycle for Autumn. She deserves it.
Life has been crazy busy as always. Going to dr. appts every week, therapy, school, etc. Autumn had a CT scan & Neurosurgery appt last week which showed her shunt is still working & we are good for another year. This week we get a break from drs but next week she has vent clinic. I get so worn out this time of year because of all her appts. so I told James that I am finally ready for us to take a vacation for ourselves. Our 10 year anniversary is in March & we have decided to take a cruise. Yes, I am scared to death to be in the middle of the ocean while other people take care of Autumn but it's time to trust God. I'll have to do a lot of planning with my nursing agency, nurses, SIL & brother, & mother to take care of everything so we can leave for about a week but we BOTH need to do this for ourselves. I'm so excited & just hope I don't let the fear of leaving Autumn take over so we can do this. :)
There is no adoption updates. We have not heard a thing for about 2 months now. We have sent out home studies to over 35 families but not getting much of a response back. I'm actually at peace about it. I think the busyness of life has helped take my mind of the process but I have finally come to the understanding that it's going to be in God's perfect timing. Our son may not be ready for adoption just yet so I'm letting God lead for once. I don't want to rush into getting a child that is not the right fit for our family & vice versa. I pray it's sooner than later but God only knows when that time will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment