Thursday, October 25, 2012

We have been chosen!!!

CPS chose our family for the little boy I blogged about 2 days ago! 

We were home & our home phone rang but called i.d. said it was a 1-800 # so we ignored it.  James left to go pick up dinner & came home to say he also got us a dessert but was waiting until after dinner to give it to me.  We ate.  After dinner, he asked if I was ready for dessert & then said I may get mad for waiting to give it to me.  He then said our caseworker called to say we had been chosen for "P" (that is what I will call him). I immediately did not believe him.  I said she would of called my cell but James showed me it was the same # that tried to call our home phone.  I started freaking out still not believing him & telling him he better not be lying to me.  I searched for my phone & our caseworkers business card.  I called her right away & told her I needed to hear it from her.  She laughed & laughed & confirmed that yes we were chosen.  I cried.  I told her how bad I wanted him.  I have not been able to sleep well since hearing about him.  I've already been looking at names.  I received his picture yesterday & it seems like weeks ago.  I fell instantly in love with his sweet face.  I can not say much about him but I will tell you he is 5 years old but looks like & acts at the developmental age of a 3 year old.  So, I will have a 4 year old who is like a 2 year old & a 5 year old who is like a 3 year old....full hands!

It's not completely set in stone but my heart just feels this is God's will.  We will receive his case files sometime next week.  We review it & write down all the questions we want to ask.  After getting our questions answered then we have 24 hours to wait until we can give the official YES that we want him.  After that, he will get our family photo album & be told about us. We then get to set up plans for visits & placement into our home.  I am pretty sure he will be home by December because his evaluation is due by then so they will probably want him placed so they do not have to wait months for another one to be done.

I just feel so blessed & thankful for God to allow this boy to be part of our family. 

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Yay! So exciting!!