Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Adoption update

Yesterday afternoon I get a call from our adoption caseworker.  She NEVER calls, always e-mails.  I just knew she was about to tell me that we have been chosen for the little boy I wrote about the other day.  Instead, she started telling me all about a new little boy.  She had me on speaker with another adoption caseworker.  She gave me all the details & wanted to know my opinion.  I asked a few questions & told her why I think he would work well in our family.  She said his evaluation is up in December so they will probably want to move quickly on him & get him placed into his adoptive home by then so that they will not have to wait months for a new evaluation to be done.  So, we are 1 of 3 families being considered.  They think they MAY reach a decision by the end of the week on which family is their 1st choice.  If we are chosen, we will then get his case file to read more about him.  If we are still interested, we say yes & then have to wait 24 hours before we can start the meeting process.  So, once waiting is over...things can actually go pretty quickly when everyone is ready. 

I have that excited feeling with this one.  So, that makes me even more confused but I know God is going to be the one choosing for us anyways so I will get to just sit back & pray until we receive that call.  :)  Both kids are also excited about this new boy as well.  Madison does not get excited about ANY of them so to see her actually like the sound of this one also excites me.  :)  Be praying!

No comments: