Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year's

Since my kids had been sick & stuck in the house all week, I decided to throw together a little something for fun on New Year's Eve for us to celebrate. I saw on pintrest a neat idea for the new year & decided to try it. I placed activities to do in a balloon & each hour the kids would pop a balloon & we would do the activity as a family. We started at 1:00pm & went until midnight.
1:00pm-Watch home videos. This one of Gage's favorite activities to do. 2:00pm-Take a nap. This is my favorite activity & I was the only one who participated in it. 3:00pm-Play games. We played Sorry & then played Mario Party 9 on the Wii.
4:00pm-Make dinner together. We did finger foods.
5:00pm-Eat dinner. :)
6:00pm-Play Xbox & Wii. We played a game with Gage's new kinect & then all took turns playing each other at Just Dance 4.
7:00pm-Play Chubby Bunny. First I went to pick up our cousin Jordyn to come play & celebrate with us. Chubby Bunny is a game where you take turns stuffing marshmellows in your mouth & then have to say Chubby Bunny & whoever can stuff the most wins. Madison won.
8:00pm-Have a sock ball fight.
Had to throw in a picture of the little sick girl who watched TV the entire evening.
9:00pm-Play Minute to Win it. I came up with 3 minute to win type games for us to play & we kept score for the person with the most points after all games.
10:00pm-Play balloon volleyball. I forgot to take pictures but looked somewhat like the balloon game pictures above. :) We started with 1 balloon & kept adding balloons for all of us to hit without them touching the ground. 11:00pm-Tell favorite memories from 2012 & New Year's Resolutions. We also put on some finger puppet tattoos.
12:00am-Happy 2013!!!

No comments: