Thursday, January 10, 2013

Madison's 14th Birthday

This year, Madison did not want a party for her birthday so we just went to dinner with family instead & then came home for cake & presents. We decided to go to a fun restaurant called The Magic Time Machine. We've heard about it but had never been. It was so much fun! The tables are all different like some are in a little hut or a room that looks like a library, each area kind of has a theme. All the waiters are dressed in different characters so you never know which characters will be there each time. The salad bar is located in an old car (really wish I would of taken more pictures but it was very busy). It was an hour and a half wait but I think it was worth it. We got the big bad wolf as our waiter & he liked to sneak up on us & scare us. The kids can also walk around to get autographs from the different characters. Each time the big bad wolf was asked, he would either yell for the kids to go away or sign it & then throw their paper across the room for them to fetch. The kids loved it! The characters we saw were Snow White, Tinkerbell, Where's Waldo, Superman, Captain America, Austin Powers, Wonder Woman, Yo Gabba Gabba guy, G.I.Joe, and Speedy Gonzales was our bus boy.
They also do a few embarrassing things like point out a couple on a hot date or make a potty train for everyone to join to go potty. At one point Madison told our waiter that her cousin peed her pants so the big bad wolf yelled to everyone we had an accident in the bus. Superman came over to check on us. :) There were lots of laughs for sure. Madison also did not want them to know it was her birthday but of course they ask what the occasion is when you sit down. My brother had schemed behind my back for everyone to say it was my birthday to cover Madison from being called out for a birthday. I went with it although I was not happy about the attention or lying to the big bad wolf. Technically though, my birthday was only 11 days away so I let it be an early birthday dinner for me too. ;) I did not want dessert so this is what the big bad wolf brought me to sing Happy Birthday
He also sang me a very short, grumpy birthday song.
Madison chose to have a Spiderman & Batman themed birthday. Brought back memories of her 5th birthday when she insisted on a Spiderman party at 3 years old & I promised her one at 5 (thinking she would change her mind but didn't). Every year I say I can not believe how old she is but it's true. She's my first baby girl & the years have flown by so quickly. I may only have 4 years left with her living in my house & that makes me so sad! I am so proud of her though & the young lady she is becoming. She's just so special to me!

No comments: