Sunday, March 3, 2013
Adoption update
I have a lot of updating to do about our vacation but not much time right now so I thought I'd just give a quick adoption update.
We finally received the psychological evaluation for "P". That was the report we had been waiting on before we could have our staff meeting. Of course though there are even more forms to be filled out that just keep popping up before the next step can be done. :)
We need an updated home study so our caseworker will come over on Wednesday to get that done. The next week we are trying to schedule the staff meeting. This is the meeting where us, the case workers, foster mom, CASA adovacate, & anyone else important to "P's" case will have a phone meeting with us. We will ask the list of questions we have about "P". After this meeting, we have to wait 24 hours to give our official yes that we want to adopt him.
We also are waiting for his case worker to complete a HSEGH & get it approved. I looked it up and it stands for Health, Social, Education, & Genetic History. It's basically just a form that has all his important information neatly organized in one place for easy viewing. ;)
I would tell you that after our official yes then we should be able to schedule our first visitation but they are always telling me about more forms to be completed so I won't make any promises on what the next step will be. I do know we are one step closer with each form completed & that really excites & scares me all at the same time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Every step gets you closer! I always think that their has to be an easier way to get these kids in their forever homes :)
Post a Comment