Autumn update: I took her back to the ENT dr to have her hearing re-checked to see if she still had fluid in her ears from December. Yes, she does. This means she is getting tubes put in May 10th. She will also have a sedated hearing test done at the same time to really see how much she hears since she does not cooperate for a regular hearing test. I am curious how long fluid has been in her ears and how tubes is going to help. For all we know she could of had fluid for ears, it was only caught by the machine they use to measure sound waves and her wave is completely flat because of all the fluid. I wonder if this will help with her balance & general focus on activites...will be interesting to see. This should be our first day surgery where we won't have to admit her if she wakes up just fine. ;)
She finally had her feeding evaluation so we are waiting on approval for that & an opening in therapy. I need to call today to schedule her swallow study so the therapist will know what's safe & not but for now we are going back to the basics of just trying to get her to tolerate things touching her mouth & her touching textures. *sigh*
Insurance is being a pain. James' work changed providers this year and they are denying things like her back-up ventilator & nursing. The reason for nursing denial is because we only are requesing 98 hrs/wk and since we are trained, it shows that any lay person can take care of her without needing nursing degree, that is their argument anyways. Nevermind we went through intense training for 2 months in the hospital to learn how to take care of our daughter properly. I will be appealing the decision. Good thing is Medicaid is secondary and they will continue to provide our nursing hours but I feel insurance has a duty to provide the services since we pay high costs for it. Autumn requires a nurse for school and we need rest. I could go on & on but I won't. ;)
Adoption update: We received an e-mail yesterday saying we have been selected as 1 of 3 families for a certain little boy. This week they will have a selection meeting about it. In a selection meeting the CPS caseworker, CASA volunteer, & foster parents meet with the adoption caseworkers of the families selected. They give the information about the child & the adoption caseworker presents their families in greater detail. They discuss who will be a match & then choose their 1st choice family. If we are chosen, we will receive all the detailed history about the child and decide if we want to proceed. It's so exciting! So, we are in prayer this week that God's will be done. He already knows which son is meant for us & so we are placing all of our trust in Him. I will keep you posted!
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear Autumn has to have another surgery, but thankful it's realitively minor.
Congrats on the adoption meeting. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment