Thursday, May 31, 2012

School's Out for Summer!!!

End of the year activities always keep us busy the last 2 weeks in May.  
Kids having field days, half days, & award ceremonies.

 I'm so proud of all 3 of my kids.  
Autumn finished her first year of PPCD.  She's really made big progress on interactions with people & going to school.  She's learned a lot but she's still stubborn though. ;( She has also added another therapy to her weekly list.  We finally got her in feeding therapy after a 7 month wait.  So, now we dropped speech (for now) & replaced it with feeding therapy & still have OT & PT each week.  Not sure if we will keep all 3 once school starts next year since she will be in school 5 days a week getting therapy as well.  It just may be too much for both her & I to keep up with...I'm just gonna wait & see.

Gage finished 1st grade with all A's.  He got an award for Marvelous Mathematician because he's so good at those math problems & for knowledge because his teacher said he knows so much about many different subjects....I think it's the nice way of saying he's a know-it-all.

Madison was an A & B student this year...this was new for her because she's always been my all A student but she is taking pre-AP classes so technically her B's were A's. ;)  She will continue to take all pre-AP classes next year. She even got a 100 on her math final & math was her struggle this year.  School work is easy & natural for her...which is good since I am not much help with homework.  I'm also very proud to say she made lieutenant for next years drill team.  She only tried out for the experience of try-outs since she will have to try-out in high school.  I told her she would probably make it but she said there is no way.  She does not know how good she can dance.  I think this finally convinced her she does dance well...they never seem to believe mom's words.  

So, I officially have an 8th grader, 2nd grader, & pre-schooler
 (hopefully child #4 will be here before school starts in the fall)

On Memorial Day we went to the lake to play.
Cousin Steph pulling the girls on the waverunner

Jordyn & Madison about to go tubing

Girls riding the hotdog

Gage chillin in the canoe


   
It was such a fun day in the sun.  We hope to go to the lake more this summer...it is only a 15 min drive from our house.  Summer has begun for us but I've been sick so day 1 we did not get to go anywhere but today I took them to Six Flags for a couple of hours.  It was nice having no lines to stand in but I'm sure that will be the last time this summer that will happen.  We always have a list of activities planned for the summer to keep the kids from getting bored.  I use to hate summers but now that there are actually places to go in the metroplex, it makes it so much fun!  I just hope I get a new son before the summer ends so he can make some fun memories with us.

No comments: