This week has been a calm and normal week. I've had a little more time this week to work of feeding therapy. It's so frustrating to start back at the beginning and Autumn to want food less now than she ever did before. We did pudding one day and I was able to get some on her lips and a tad bit in her mouth but she's still defensive. Another day we did jello which this time I concentrated more on letting her feed me and she enjoyed grabbing the jello and putting her fingers in my mouth for a bite. Right now we are just trying to make her not scared of food anymore. By the end of the session she was actually putting her fingers (which had jello on them) to her lips and getting a slight taste. Autumn has never put toys or fingers in her mouth but lately with teething she's finally putting her fingers to her mouth. She still will not get us put teething instruments in her mouth but can roll them on her lips. It's a LONG process.
I had to get this picture of her little curly pig-tails. ;) We tried out a new church this evening. Love that they have Saturday evening servies because it works much better with our family since James works evenings and off on Saturdays for now. It's almost exactly like our old church but even bigger which we were wanting to go smaller but the children's program is great for the kids. Since we can not leave Autumn in the special needs class because of her needing skilled nursing care she went to service with us. It was nothing like the old days when she was a baby taking her to service with us. She acted like a normal toddler. Don't get me wrong, I love she's acting more like her peers now but makes for a distracting service when we can't take her to the nursery. She kept grabbing at her tubes and trying to pull them off the velcro which we attach them to so they will not get in the wheels of her stroller. Finally, I undid them so she could not reach them anymore. She kept grabbing for my paper and Bible which is amazing since she's harnessed in and still manages to move over and REACH! The most distracting part was that she would shake her head and arms like crazy and cause her entire stroller to shake. We wanted to just laugh at her because it was funny and cute but not in church please. ;) So, it will be interesting everyweek. Next week I may just try putting her in my lap but not sure if that will calm her more or make her more mobile and active. Glad she did not cough though and make her vent high pressure and beep...her pulse ox was down so low that only I could hear it beep.
I had to get this picture of her little curly pig-tails. ;) We tried out a new church this evening. Love that they have Saturday evening servies because it works much better with our family since James works evenings and off on Saturdays for now. It's almost exactly like our old church but even bigger which we were wanting to go smaller but the children's program is great for the kids. Since we can not leave Autumn in the special needs class because of her needing skilled nursing care she went to service with us. It was nothing like the old days when she was a baby taking her to service with us. She acted like a normal toddler. Don't get me wrong, I love she's acting more like her peers now but makes for a distracting service when we can't take her to the nursery. She kept grabbing at her tubes and trying to pull them off the velcro which we attach them to so they will not get in the wheels of her stroller. Finally, I undid them so she could not reach them anymore. She kept grabbing for my paper and Bible which is amazing since she's harnessed in and still manages to move over and REACH! The most distracting part was that she would shake her head and arms like crazy and cause her entire stroller to shake. We wanted to just laugh at her because it was funny and cute but not in church please. ;) So, it will be interesting everyweek. Next week I may just try putting her in my lap but not sure if that will calm her more or make her more mobile and active. Glad she did not cough though and make her vent high pressure and beep...her pulse ox was down so low that only I could hear it beep.
Today we are attempting to take the family to Six Flags. Not sure if taking Autumn with us is a good idea but I'd like to at least try it before it's gets WAY too hot here. I'm also curious to find our if they will let me take her on rides like the carousel with her pulse ox and oxygen. I doubt they will but I'll be checking into it because it would be nice if she could participate in a couple of rides....I think she would absolutely LOVE it. I'm sure I'll have an adventure to tell later on.
Gage is so excited about today...but not because of Six Flags it's because he can not wait to get back home and play his new Super Mario Galaxy 2 game that comes out today....can we say addicted to video games???
No comments:
Post a Comment