Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day began with Madison making me breakfast this morning. It was so yummy! She wanted to make sure I did nothing all day to give me a day off but Gage did not want sissy making his breakfast or lunch so I finally gave in and fixed it for him. ;)

For Mother's Day Madison bought me a new bike with her own money. Sure I suggested it but she has been using my bike since she outgrew her bike and she's like her mommy and has a difficult time spending money on herself and would rather spend it on others. So, I suggested she buy me a new bike since she likes mine and then we could start riding bikes together. James bought me a really comfy seat to go on it. ;) This morning Gage had decided he wanted to take his training wheels off his bike. So, I did and we practiced him riding this morning and I got his first time riding a bike on video to share. ;)

We then came inside and Madison made us pizza for lunch. Autumn and I got an hour nap in. Madison attempted to give me a pedicure but then Gage got in trouble in the middle of it so we gave up. James brought home Grandy's for dinner and then the kids and I took a bike ride this evening. By the time we got halfway around the block Gage had mastered riding his bike, kind of. His bike does not have brakes though so time to get a new one for his birthday. He also does not know to not pedal going downhill so when he was going a high rate of speed about to hit a car parked on the side of the road with it's door open...I got really nervous. He managed to miss the car and then slightly hit a curb to come to a stop. So, there are things we need to work on but I was so proud of him for trying over and over and never giving up. I have such wonderful kids and another great Mother's Day.

However, God did lay a lot of people on my heart today. I prayed and thought a lot about the daughters/sons who could not call their mom's up and hear their voice today. Thought of the mom's who have lost their children and the heartache they were feeling today without getting to hug and kiss their little ones. Also, thought about the want-to-be mommies who are not able to have children of their own and long to experience motherhood. We all go about this day with smiles and talk about all the great things we did and seldom remember those who are feeling pain on a day most people feel happiness. I pray God comforts those women today and that they all know He will supply all their needs today and everyday.

2 comments:

Mikala said...

Gage is a pro! It was so cute to hear your excitement too. :)

Lacy said...

Yeah, my LOUD, HIGH-PITCHED voice...haha. I really need to call you so we can get together.