Thursday, May 27, 2010

Six Flags/EEG/Ouchy

Sunday: We took the kids to Six Flags and it went MUCH better than expected. My brother's family and cousin Steph and her daughter all met us there as well. It was hot but not miserably hot. We kept putting Autumn under the mister fans and she loved getting a little wet from those. We asked if we could take her and oxygen on the carousel and they said yes but never got around to doing so since the other kids wanted to ride other rides and we did not have much time. We stayed from 1:30pm until 4:30pm and then needed to head home because our nurse was scheduled to be in at 6:00pm that evening. Madison was not ready to leave so stayed with my cousin and Gage was SO excited to leave and come home to play his new Wii game...something is messed up with that child...I've never heard of a kid cheering to leave Six Flags. My brother, nephew, and niece
Gage and Steph
Jordyn and Madison about to ride the Mini Mine Train
I had planned wearing out Autumn at Six Flags so she would sleep on the way home and stay asleep for a couple of hours. She had an EEG Monday morning so she was suppose to stay up until midnight and wake up at 4:00am. Well, she fell asleep on the way home but only slept for about 20 minutes. The nurse was able to keep her up until 10:30pm and then woke her up at 4:30am.
Monday: Autumn had an EEG for 7:30am. We left the house at 6:30am...good thing Madison is able to ride the bus for these early appts and Gage stayed the night with Aunt Jen. Her EEG lasted 20 minutes and she slept for about 10 minutes during it. She did awesome! We met with a neurologist afterwards about the results. He said there looked like a slight abnormality on the left side of her brain and he saw it's right where her shunt is located so he said that just may be from the shunt interfering with that part of the brain. Other than that everything looked fine and she had no seizures during the EEG. We discussed starring spells she has but not sure if it's a seizure or just her starring off when she's sleepy. We are going to start documenting them and go back in 2 months. She did stare off while we were in the room and so the nurse saw what we were talking about but they did not seem alarmed by the episode. To know for sure they would have to do a 2 day long EEG and we are not interested in that right now. If she goes seizure free for 2 years then we can wean her off the meds but not until then. I was disappointed because I hoped to get rid of the meds but at least I know we may get off in the next couple of years. Autumn did not fall back asleep that day until 1:30pm and then slept less than 2 hours. Sheesh child! She finally got all her rest in that night and sleeping until 7:30am the next morning which is late for her. She's usually up between 5:30am-6:30am.
Tuesday: Autumn got her first bump on the head. I brought her upstairs to hang out while I cleaned. I put her on the floor and then her pulse ox machine on a drum stool. I forget now that she's more mobile and she rolled over to the machine and pulled it down on top of her. She started beeping so I went to check on her and saw the stool knocked over. Walked over to her and she was holding her pulse ox with the biggest smile on her face and a big bruise and bump on her head. She was so proud she got it down. I applied ice to her head and then took pictures of course. ;)
Wednesday: I started deep cleaning my kitchen and then by 3:00pm had a MAJOR headache and was useless the rest of the evening. I took a total of 4 motrin and 2 tylenol that entire evening and it just would not go away. I did get an hour nap in but most of yesterday afternoon was a blur to me. I feel much better today! James has started working night shift and I'm not thrilled. He works 7pm-5am and so at least he's home for dinner everynight but then I get to keep kids quiet until about 2pm everyday which is going to be really hard this summer. It also takes away most of our days on his days off but we will manage. On his nights off he will be awake just about all night so no nursing on those nights which will be great. I'm nervous to see what his final schedule will be started in July for the next 6 months. I'm use to him getting home at 3am but him not getting into bed until 5:30am means I sleep just about all night without him since I'm up by 6:45am every morning. I brought Gage to bed with me last night though so I could have a cuddle partner and my head hurt too much to put him to bed upstairs. ;)












































No comments: