Thursday, May 6, 2010

New stuff

We finally decided to get Autumn a "big girl" car seat. She has been in an infant carrrier since she was born and I was unsure about moving her to a sit up seat until her head control was better. I talked with our drs. about it and they said she would be fine with one that could still face backwards so I took the plunge and upgraded her. She loves it. The new recommendations for car seats is to stay backwards until 30 pounds so I plan to do that with Autumn but Gage is not even 30 pounds yet and there is no way I'd have my 6 year old still rising backwards so we will see how fast or slow she will get to that weight. ;) Poor Gage will have to be in a booster seat until he's 8. We took Autumn into a store for the first time today. She's only been to drs, hospitals, the aquarium, church, and houses so far and never in a big shopping store. It had always been easier to just leave her with the nurse while we ran our errands. Well, without day nursing she gets to experience more family time and even go along on boring errands. Sad to say but her first store was Best Buy (daddy's store) to pick us out an entertainment center for the livingroom. We then went to Lowe's to pick out a Bar-B-Que grill and they were already sitting outside so instead of unloading her, daddy just got out and shopped alone. ;) We then ran out of our shopping money so instead of heading to get Gage another twin mattress for his other bunk we grabbed lunch and went home. Autumn could barely keep her eyes open and was ready for a nap anyways.
Autumn's therapy sessions went good this week. I can see it's going to be a LONG process to get her to eat by mouth again and still working on getting her to tolerate larger amounts of formula per hour. Each week that I up her formula amount she gags until turning dusky for a couple of days before she gets us to the larger amount and then does fine the rest of the week. So, speech will be focusing on feeding. OT is focusing on pointing and using fingers more and communication. PT is working on core strength and army crawling. All the therapist were pleased to see how well she's doing and we have LOTS of goals to work towards.
Autumn is also scheduled for another EEG and appt. with a neurologist at the end of the month to see if we need to continue with the seizure meds or not. Her urology appt. went great and all her tests came back good so still no cathing or meds to start and will check back in 6 months. Whew! I had dreamed we would have to start cathing and was nervous about her test results but so thankful it was all good.
This month we changed nursing from 7 nights to 6 nights per week. Last night was the first night without nursing here and Autumn actually slept ALL night. So, if she starts doing better without nurses here we will go back to only 4 nights a week of nursing so Autumn can rest better and only have nurses here when James is working nights in case of an emergency or illness comes up.
I got to go shopping Tuesday evening and spent too much money on home decor and still not done so this week has been decorating week. As we complete each room I will post pictures of all our hard work. Good thing I have Jen, my SIL, to help me shop, spend money, and decorate or I'd be so overwhelmed and at a loss on what to do. ;) Thanks Jen!!!

No comments: