Sunday, June 10, 2012

Visit from friends

It was a fun-filled week because our friends from back home came to visit us for a week.  They arrived on Monday & we hung out at the house, played, and had dinner.
Gabe & Gage...friends since they were about 1 & 2 yrs old, now 6 & 8

 On Tuesday, we went to a water park called Surf and Swim & spent 5.5 hours there.  It was fun but we got a little too much sun (at least I did since I forgot to put sunscreen on myself even though I remembered to apply to Gage 3 times that day).  We came home & ordered some pizza & the kids played even more.

On Wednesday, we went to the Dallas Arboretum to check out their glass sculptures & have a picnic.  It was HOT & HUMID!!!  We literally had sweat dripping from our faces just from walking around, there was no breeze whatsoever!  Wish it would of been cooler so we could of enjoyed it more but we still managed to see most of the park & get out picnic in.  Good thing it was free for the season passes my brother has since we only stayed about 2 hours.  ;)


I wish Madison would of gotten better pictures of this sculpture but she only "photographs people" & not objects.  Such a teenager!

These were so amazing!!!



Our picnic

Madison had a little shadow for the week, Lily


Thursday, Autumn had a doctor appointment so Sarah went shopping for the day.  We gave the boys a break from each other because they were starting to argue a lot. :)  She came back with the fun straws for the kids, they were a huge hit for the rest of the week.
 Autumn has gotten so much better about interacting with others so this visit her & Lily were able to play a little together.  They rolled a ball back & forth to each other & every time Autumn threw her DVD case on the floor, Lily was there to pick it up for her.  Once Autumn pushed Lily away & Lily came & told on her.  Autumn also did not like when Lily would touch her bed & Autumn would push her hands away.  She's such a mess! Thursday night we took the kids to the pool for an evening swim which was lots of fun.  However, I guess I irritated my eyes & rubbed them too much & by bed time it was burning & itching really bad.  I have scratched my cornea when I was a teenager & it felt the same.  Finally, about 1am, I texted James to see if he could take off & run me to the ER.  Sure enough, I have a small cut on my eye.  They numbed it, gave me a tetanus shot since it's been awhile since my last one & gave me some Lortab for the pain.  Got a pain med prescription & eye ointment.   I forgot how I hate how it makes me feel.  I felt too loopy to sleep so did not get much rest Thursday night. 
A

 Friday was a lazy day.  I still was in pain so I slept A LOT that day.  I think I had 2 naps in 1 day. Sarah's husband came to join the visit so they took the kids swimming again & spend the rest of the day just playing at home.  Later they took their kids to check out our Harbor area & had a good time.

Saturday, they went shopping while I stayed home with all the kids.  We got the petting zoo out. ;)  I let the kids hold the snake, hold the rats, & then we fed the snake. I received a call from the shelter that our foster dog had gotten adopted!!  I took him back for the week since we were going to have company & hoped he would get adopted, if not was going to get him again on Monday.  So, looks like we will have a new foster dog next week. :)
 The kids played & played.  Sarah & Bill took the boys swimming again.  We all went out to eat & then they came to church with us.  After church, we all went out for ice cream!  This morning they left & we are back to our regular schedule....time to clean up!


Next week, Gage has VBS & Madison will be volunteering at VBS.  My nephew will get to stay with us for a couple of days so we will be busy for week 2 of summer as well.

No comments: