Friday, June 15, 2012
The waiting is driving me crazy!!!
The hardest part about adoption is the waiting. We submit our homestudy & then wait for someone to respond. Once they do, it's even more waiting for the next step. Some case workers will respond right away that it's not a good match, some say we are being considered, some send psychological evaluations for us to read & then we don't hear an update when we say we are interested, & some don't respond at all. I understand caesworkers are extremely short handed & there workloads are too much & that is the reason for the delays. I just can not help being frustrated knowing there are kids waiting in foster care with families lined up with their doors wide open to accept them but the paperwork & process takes so long.
We have been chosen as 1 of 3 families who may be a perfect fit for one certain little boy. He needs a psych eval done so they did it on June 2nd. His caseworker said it needed to be done by the state & turned in to her by June 10th. As soon as she receives it & the 3 families review it, there will be a selection meeting to see which family will be best for this boy. Well, here is is June 15th & the report is still not done & not sure when it will get completed. I may just be too impatient but every day that passes I think of it as one less day a child is sitting at home with his forever family & making memories. I know it's all in God's perfect timing so nothing is really being missed by His plans but they are by mine!
The other little boy we are interested in, we have not heard back from his caseworker since she sent us his eval so we have no idea what the status is with him. I am so impatient so all of this drives me crazy! I literally check my e-mail every 15 mins when I am home just praying I get an update. Nothing.
So, I continue to wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment