Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 4 of Summer


 Summer is going by too fast! Gage had a great time at mini camp & can not wait to go back next year.  He didn't miss me like I missed him.  :(  I posted some pictures taken by the church & can see why he didn't miss me much, they look like they had SO much fun!

The group of all the soon to be second grade boys





Bible study with his group


Okay, I packed my son individual baggies with clothes for each day & pj's for each night.  Each bag was labeled "Friday PJ's", "Saturday clothes". etc.  All that organizing & then I see this picture of my son wearing his PJ top with his Saturday shorts.  He said he forgot to change his shirt that morning...oh that boy!


This was Gage's group for the week.  He made a new friend & it was the first thing he had to tell me about as soon as I saw him...not, "Hi Mommy" but "Come meet my new friend"  I'm so proud of him for being such a outgoing kid & always happy to try new things.

The sad part was that after he returned from camp.  A couple of night's later, he asked me not to walk him upstairs & tuck him in.  He said he's a big boy now & can put himself to bed.  My heart sank & my eyes started to fill with tears.  I hugged & kissed him goodnight & let him go upstairs on his own.  I then went into the bathroom & cried.  I remember the days when I was always willing to give my kids to people so I could just have a break.  Once Madison became a teenager, it hit me how fast they change & grow up.  I now really cherish the moments I have with them because I know 13 years feels like a blink of an eye.

Monday I took Gage & my niece & nephew swimming for a couple of hours.  It's so hot here that even the water was warm.  The kids have been going to VBS at my brother's church every evening.  Madison helps my SIL with the missions part while Gage enjoys the fun.  It's been nice having some evening time alone with just Autumn.  I found a fun new app on my ipad for us to play together & one day she enjoyed feeding me some popcorn.  ;)  It's the small things with her & I love that!

Tuesday we took the older kids to Jump Street.  It's a place filled with trampolines that go up the wall & other fun activities for the kids like a mechanical bull to ride, different types of slides, & trampoline dodgeball.  James decided to switch his schedule for us this week so he came as well.  :)  The boys had the most fun so I think we decided we need to go back sometime for them.  Afterwards, we stopped to get some yummy cupcakes from Gigi's.
Jordyn & Madison

Daddy & Gage on the trampolines
Wednesday was nothing special.  We just hung out at home (I cleaned some) & Autumn had therapy. 

Today (Thursday) we had bought a Groupon to rent a boat for 5 hours on the lake.  We had a blast!!!  My brother, SIL, & kids, my cousin Steph & Jordyn, and then our family (minus Autumn) all went.  It was so worth it!  We cruised the lake, swam, ate, & fished.  

Ready for our day at the lake!



Gage driving the boat

Dean's turn to drive

Turns out my little fish is also a fisherman.  This child LOVES to swim but not once did he go swimming, he just wanted to fish.

Madison & I swimming...she's scared & had to stay by my side the entire time in the water.  Big baby!

Me just floating :)

Chris, Dean, Jen, & Haley

We stopped to fill the boat up & let Gage fish while we waited & it's the only fish he was able to catch the entire time. He wanted to catch a catfish so I'm so glad he did or we would not of heard the end of it.  He was so happy! I do have to say, daddy was helping him fish the entire time except for the 2 mins mommy helped & that is when he caught his fish.  He's a fisherman like his mommy, not daddy...haha!  I actually was a great fisherman when I was little & always caught those fish!

Steph & Jordyn


Uncle Chris helping Gage hold his fish

I am ready to go buy a boat now.  :)  It is VERY rare we find an activity that the entire family enjoys (Madison hardly likes ANYTHING) but we ALL loved spending the day on the water.  I grew up going to the lake when I was little & James grew up fishing at the coast so it's fun to be able to pass on the love of water & fishing to our kids & watch them enjoy it as much as we did. (okay, Madison does not enjoy fishing or swimming in the lake that much but she did LOVE riding in the boat) ;)  Of course we missed not having Autumn but hopefully one day she will be able to join us too.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Your summer looks awesome! Your making me feel lazy :)