Last week we took the kids to Going Bonkers. It's a room filled with the climbing net things you see at Chuck E. Cheese but the thing is HUGE & stretches across 3 walls. Madison has decided to make duct tape rose pens to sell for charity so we have been busy all week making the 78 pens! So, while the kids played, we made pens. She has already raised about $160.00 so far & hopes to sell more so if anyone is interested....contact me or leave a comment. ;) So proud of her!
On the 4th, we went to our first Rockwall 4th of July parade. I thought it would be too hot for Autumn so she stayed home but we found a great shade tree to sit under so I was bummed I did not take her. :( Maybe she can come next year.
Gage stayed the night with a friend the night before so when I picked him up, he had this cool patriotic hair style. Loved it!
I did have to get one picture with Autumn in it. I did not buy any of my kids patriotic clothes this year....I know, I'm slacking.After the parade we took the kids to a local nursing home to hand out some duct tape rose pen that the kids from VBS made at my SIL's church. Madison was not thrilled to go see the old people but I made her. ;) Gage LOVED it. Some of the ladies wanted to give him hugs & kisses & he was happy to do it. We really want to get our kids more involved with giving of their time & not just their money to people & organizations. After the nursing home, we came to my house to make some yummy 4th of July treats. The local family members came over to grill out while we waited for the fireworks to begin.
| Apparently, Madison can shove an entire watermelon slice in her mouth |
Friday we (me, steph, madison, gage, & jordyn) spent another afternoon on the lake. It was the PERFECT lake day. No one was there & the water was like glass. We were able to go completely across the lake on the wave runner without the choppy waves. I even managed to knee board too! I was sore the next day though. (getting a little old) Gage tried fishing but got nothing. We swam & had a great time. I'm actually getting a good tan this year.
Sunday I took Madison & Haley to meet my parents in Abilene so they can go to Nana Camp. The good thing about living away from the grandparents is they will take my kids for a week. The boys will go next week.
I just had to add these sweet pictures of Gage & Autumn watching a Mickey Mouse app on my ipad. Gage will rarely go play with Autumn but he got grounded today so only thing left to do is play with his little sister. Autumn always looks so big next to Gage but she's even small for her age too.
No comments:
Post a Comment