Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 8 of Summer

This week was spent getting ready for the "just between friends" sale, organzing, & cleaning. The "jbf" sale is a consignment sale that happens twice a year. You can sale all your used baby/kid items,clothes, & toys. It's a great way to clean out the drawers & then make money afterwards. So, my house was a wreck! Madison had cleaned out her room before leaving & over the weekend I went through all of Gage & Autumn's things. I then had to organoze & tag all the items. My nurse walked in Tuesday morning, saw my dining roo, filled with stuff & said, "It's JBF time again" She's been with us long enough to know what jbf looks like every 6 months :) It took Monday & Wednesday to get my stuff done & Tuesday we worked on my SIL's stuff. Madison was to arrive home Thursday & she wanted me to re-organize her room. I thought it would be a nice surprise to have it done before she got home. I did not want to spend a lot of money so I used what I already had for most of it. I took this bookcase shelf unit & put shoe boxes wrapped in her favortie duct tape designs on the shelves to organize her hair & make-up stuff. I thought it turned out cute. I did buy her some plastic drawers to put in her TV stand for all her office/craft supplies & a shower caddy carrier to organize her markers, pens, & pencils. :) After organizing, I deep cleaned her room. She was excited when she got home. She had a great time on mission, she took 2 hours to tell me all the details. ;) I love that girl! Friday, I cleaned. Saturday, I cleaned. THEN went to see Aerosmith in concert!!!! Oh my goodness, it was so much fun! It was James, Madison, Jen, Chris, Steph, & I. First we went to spaghetti warehouse for dinner. Our waiter was fun. Madison was the first to need a drink refill so he brought her an entire picture of Dr. Pepper & put a straw in it. Next he brought Steph a pitcher of tea to drink too. He then brought James this large salad bowl of Sprite to drink out of. It made our dining experiemce fun, he got a good tip. Madison fell in love with Steven Tyler on American Idol (even though he's the same age as her Grampy). When he heard they were touring again, I had to take her to the concert. I have always loved Aerosmith but never thought I'd get to see them in concert. Yes, our seats were on the last row, very high up BUT we were there. We rented some binoculars & took turns watching the bands (Cheap Trick was with them). I forgot my camera & was so mad that I don't have any pictures to show you. James got some of it on video from his phone to show Gage (Gage knows many of the songs from Guitar Hero). Right when Aerosmith was about to go on stage, the guys in front of us lit up a joint to start smoking. Um, James brought their fun to a stop very quickly. He didn't even have to let them know he's a cop but said my kid is up here so put that out. They actually did it at once, which surprised me. So, my daughter knows what it looks like now so she can be sure to stay away from it. ;) Lessons learned at rock concerts. It may sound cheesy, but James & I both kept saying how happy we were to be able to do something fun like this together. Most of our activities involve us taking turns leaving the house & doing fun things separately because of both Autumn & his work schedule. We have learned not to take our time out together for granted anymore. I was also excited to be experiencing the concert with my oldest daughter & that I was able to be there with her for her first major concert. Updates: I have not heard how court went on Wednesday on the boy. I hope to hear something this week. Clint is healing!!! He's awake & walking around. He still has more surgeries to go but he's doing good. They will fly him from Germany to San Antonio soon (only 2 hrs from his family) so that is a great blessing. Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments: