Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week ?? I think 7?

This past week Gage was gone to Nana Camp & Madison was back home. :) My normal day nurse was out of town all week so we were not able to get out of the house the first part of the week to have girl time. Monday Autumn had a dentist appt. That was rather traumatic but she was a trooper. She gets her teeth cleaned every 3-6 months but usually they only do her front teeth & feel she's had enough so they stop. Well, this time we had a new girl cleaning her teeth & she did ALL of them! I kow it was hard on Autumn but she really needed it. It took 5 of us. Aunt Jen held my ipad with Elmo playing, I held her arms done, one girl held the suction for her mouth, one held the bite guard & her head, & the 5th lady did the actual cleaning. Autumn cried a little (hard enough for us to hear her some), chewed on the bite guard, & tried using jer little tongue to push the dental tools out of her mouth. She fought hard but finally realized it was faster if she relaxed some. We would have to stop every once in awhile to suction her trach & for mommy to hold, hug, & kiss her & then back to business. She was suppose to have therapy afterwards but as soon as we pulled up to the building she started crying & turning blue so I called & cancelled for the day. She had enough for one day & I knew therapy would be a waste of all of our time. Tuesday & Wednesday was a blur. Thursday, another one of our nurses worked the day shift so us girls could go have some spa time. It was me, Madison, my SIL, niece, cousin, her daughter, my SIL's SIL, & her daughter. We got pedicures &/or manicures then all went out for lunch. It was fun & relaxing. Friday, Madison, Jen, Haley, & I went to Grapevine Mills Mall (stopped for lunch at Rosa's on the way). We shopped for about 5 hours which is eternity to me. I really do not care to shop much. A storm came through right when we were about to leave so we had to wait it out & then home we went. It was a good day but my feet were killing me! Saturday, church. Sunday, sent Madison off on a mission trip to mission Arlington. They do VBS for kids in the area. She was super excited about the trip. I think mostly because of the cute boys on her team but if that is what motivates the teenager to share God's love then I'll take it. Oh, I remember the days of being a 13 yr old girl...so different looking through the mommy eyes, much different lenses. ;) No, she really has a heart work with kids & share God's love & she's good at it. I'm blessed. After Madison took off, I drove to Comanche to meet my parents to pick up the boys & attend a family reunion for my dad's side of the family. My grandparents were there as well & I'm always thankful to see them. My MawMaw made me cry though. She expressed how she feels I'm special for all it takes to care for Autumn. Ofcourse, I feel like I'm nothing special...i'm just doing what any mom would do to love & care for their child. I know I'm only capable because I rely on God to give me the strength to do it. She said to me, "She may never walk, she may never talk, but she's such a happy child" & you are special for loving & caring for her. She expressed how she knows it's a tough job that brings challenges & it takes a special person to commit to that day in & day out. That REALLY touched my heart. To just have my grandmother acknowledge that she understands it can be a hard task and she appreciates me for doing it. It just made me think about that I'm not just caring for Autumn for her sake, or mine but I'm caring for my parents (& James')granddaughter & my grandparents(& James') great granddaughter. I realized how important it is deep inside to me that I make them proud for how I raise & care for all 3 of my kids so they will know they raised & taught us how to be good parents. I thank both mine & James grandparents & parents for teaching us those family values & instilling God's love & word into our hearts so that we would be prepared for the journey of raising children & all the challenges that come along. I hope this all makes some sense because it's late & I'm tired & I'm not going to take the time to proofread & I'm crying once again. ;) Before I sign off, our cousin on James' side of the family was in a motorcycle accident in Germany where he is stationed in the air force. He has a wife & 2 month old son. He is in a drug induced coma because he has a skull fracture. We would love for your prayers for his healing & for God's will to be done in this situation. Prayers for his family as they travel to Germany. Prayers for comfort but most of all, prayers this wreck will open eyes to those who know Clint but may not know God. May God use this tragic accident to reach people to see how the body of Christ prays, loves, & surrounds each other in times of need. Clint may not be able to talk right now but his accident is reaching many people across the globe & I'm sure making many realize they are not invinsible & they need God NOW!!! Please add Clint to your prayers, he is an awesome young man & I pray God keeps him with us because He knows there is more for him to do on this Earth. Also, keep Madison & our youth mission group on your prayers to reach many young kids for Christ & keep them safe as well.

No comments: