Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 3

Sunday morning we picked up P for breakfast. He did really well in the restaurant. At first he was sitting by me & Gage but then started putting his head down & was whispering something. I asked him what was wrong & he said he wanted to sit by daddy. He sure does love his daddy already! :) The boy can eat too! Foster mom said you have to stop him or he will not stop! He ordered him some pancakes with bacon. He did not want the bacon but wanted my sausage instead, he also wanted daddy's toast. He ate 4 small pancakes, a piece of toast, a sausage patty, & drank 2 cups of apple juice & still wanted to eat! We have to be careful he does not eat too much because of the surgery he had back in January. Gage barely ate about 3 pancakes & drank his cup of chocolate milk & he's bigger than P! When we were done eating, P said he did not want to go back to grandma's & that he wanted to stay with us. The entire way home, he kept saying, "I don't want to go home". He knew that we would be leaving when he got to grandma's. Once there, we loaded up all his belongings to bring home so he would not have to take them on the plane on Thursday. I could not believe all the stuff she sent. We were told that some foster parents send everything & some just send the clothes on their back. He had a huge tub of clothes play a large trash bag full, a box & bag of toys, a bag of shoes, a bike, & a scooter. She also sent his meds & bath stuff as well! After loading up, we took some pictures & then had to say our goodbyes. Foster mom & I hugged, it was one of those emotional hugs where we both were feeling so thankful for the other. For the past year & a half, I have prayed my son was in a safe & loving home. This woman has been taking care of him for 3 years. She has taught him how to walk, talk, bond & did all of it knowing that one day he would have to leave. She has done such an awesome job with him, he is such a sweet boy. I will never be able to thank her enough, she's a special lady. We could tell she is sad that P is leaving her because she will miss him but she did the job she was called to do & she is so happy he loves us & will have a forever family who will love him no matter what! We plan to visit in June & then whenever we can. So, we gave P his & kisses & has we started to leave he started bawling!! Yes, I started crying too. He stood at the door with his arms reaching out to us. We went back to give him more hugs & tell him that we promise he would fly to live with us in 4 days! I told him he could call us whenever he wanted to, just to tell grandma. It was so hard to leave! About 10 minutes down the road, grandma called us to let us know he was fine & playing & she wanted to let him talk to us. It was good to talk to him when he was happy again. I already miss him even though I've been going non-stop since getting home yesterday. I have so much to do before he gets here on Thursday so my blogging break has to end so I can get back to work.

No comments: