Friday, April 19, 2013

The Meeting

I was so nervous about the meet because I was not sure how P would react. We hoped he would warm up to us quickly & not be shy but never expected the reaction we received. We knocked on the door of his house & could hear him running to the door yelling "Who is it?" Foster mom greeted us at the door & P ran passed her running to hug James' legs while saying "Daddy!". I then bent down to ask for a hug & he gave me a hug & then noticed James was holding a present so he asked what it was, he told him it was for him, he grabbed the gift sack & rushed inside to open it. He was excited to get the recorded book of James, Gage, & I reading the 3 little pigs. Madison did not want to be involved helping us read the story, typical 14 year old. :) He also liked his Nick Jr. Sticker book as well. He listened to the first couple of pages of the storybook 4 or 5 times & then wanted to open the gifts we had bought for his foster mom & social worker. Next he was reading to work on his sticker book with daddy. He is going to be a daddy's boy for sure! He has never had a male figure in his life & you can tell he craves the attention from males. Anytime we went anywhere, he ignored all women & had to wave & say hi to every man he saw. After the sticker book, I lured him over to sit in my lap & play on my ipad. He LOVED it & kept checking out all my apps but somehow ended back over next to daddy with it. ;) I'm excited James will have a daddy's boy...Gage is such a momma's boy! They told us we could take him on an outing for awhile. We asked if he wanted to go to the park & he was SO excited! On our way trying to find the park, we stopped for ice cream. P took no time calling us mommy & daddy. Everything was "Look Mommy", "Daddy come on", "Watch me daddy" "Mommy, I did it" and so on. It felt completely natural hearing it come out of his mouth. It was kind of weird for me to be taking my son to get ice cream & I had no idea what kind he likes! He requested chocolate but ended up taking turns eating our ice cream instead because his was "too cold". At the park, he had us busy! We had to follow him on all the equipment & do whatever he did. The child is definitely ADHD, his mid changed to something different every 5 seconds & everything distracted him for one thing to another. He is a ball of energy! After an hour & a half out, it was time to take him back home to "grandma". When we pulled up to the house, he said he wanted to stay with us. It made me happy he was not ready to leave us just yet. We reassured him we would pick him up in the morning & he said, "go home" but we had to explain he will come home another day but tomorrow we will take him to the zoo & he could meet Madison & Gage. He actually called them, nana, & nanny on the phone while we ate our ice cream. He is not shy & was so excited to talk to them all. We went inside with him & to say our goodbyes. He hugged me & let me kiss his cheek & then hugged James & when James told him that he loved him, P said he loved him too. :) The day went so much better than I expected. As soon as we got in the car, James said he has never been so scared in his life. He never even said that when we heard about Autumn's diagnosis!!! I think he knows that he is going to be the most important person in P's life & he's got a big role ahead of him. We are scared that we may not be able to keep up with ALL that energy but I'm sure we will manage somehow! ;) I'm going to bed so thankful for my 4 beautiful children & feeling liked one blessed momma tonight!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Wow! So excited for you guys and your entire family.