Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Our California Trip
Going out of town for a week was not an easy task. First, I had to figure out childcare, arrange nursing, & make the long daily schedules for my mom & sister in law. Our cruise was cancelled due to the ship's engine catching on fire just 2 weeks before we were suppose to leave. I had to completely plan a new trip, finding the best deals on airfare, rental cars, & hotels in less than 2 weeks! Finally it was Monday morning & we were headed to the airport for our California getaway. Not even 15 minutes out, our van starts overheating. We've been having issues with the van & not driving it for a week but had no other choice but to take it to park at the airport for a week while we were away. So, we made it to my brother's house & he offered to let us drive his car to the airport & he would get a co-worker to take him to pick it up later. So, we missed our first flight but got on stand-by to fly out just a couple of hours later. We flew to Austin & then waited on stand-by again to fly to San Diego. We arrived just about 2 hours later than we had planned. I was so thankful I made it without getting sick on the plane. I had my dramamine, ginger gum, & ginger ale to keep me feeling good. The ginger gum worked really well! We landed then took a shuttle to pick up our rent a car. We then drove & drove looking for a good place to eat. At this time I had a huge headache because I had not eaten but a few pretzels all day & it was already 1:30pm (3:30 Texas time). We found a little cafe in La Jolla. We then drove to a beach area where all the seals like to hang out.



The last picture is James getting just feet from the seals. I could of watched them ALL day. I just love seeing animals in their natural environment! We then found our hotel & got all checked in. We found a local pizza place called the Pizza Port which was neat & then went to bed early that night. I know, we have a week without kids but choose to sleep. James would of loved to stay out late but I was SO tired & the purpose of a week away for me was to rest, rest, rest. :)
Tuesday we spent the day at the San Diego Zoo. I would LOVE to visit as many different zoos as possible before I die. I LOVE them! San Diego was at the top of my list but it was not as grand as I had expected. Don't get me wrong, it's a really beautiful zoo but I felt some of the exhibits were not as nice as I expected & the children's area was disappointing. I actually like our DFW zoo's better! I took TONS of animal pictures but I will just post a few. 









Wednesday we drove to my cousin Debra's house in the Orange County area. My aunt happened to be in town as well & I met my 3rd cousin, Coleman, for the first time. We all went to lunch & then James & I went to the Anaheim Ducks hockey game that night. This is the one thing James REALLY wanted to do while on vacation so I agreed. I'm pretty much just a football fan & could care less about any other sport but I still had a good time. This is Coleman & I. He is so adorable!
Thursday we drove up to Huntington beach & then drove back on the coast highway stopping at different beaches. We saw Huntington, Newport, & Laguna. It was such a relaxing day of sight seeing. I loved it! 














Friday we left my cousins to head back to San Diego. We did some more sight seeing on the way back. We stopped at Dana Point, San Clemente, and in Oceanside. We arrived back in San Diego & then checked into our hotel & got dressed for dinner. We then drove over the Coronado bridge to Coronado Island & did a little shopping before dinner. 






It was really nice to go away alone with my husband for 5 days & just relax. It was nice not having mommy duty for 5 days...eating without interruptions, not listening to any whiney kids, no medical duties, no taking care of anyone but myself but I sure did miss ALL of that! Although it's nice to visit other places & go on vacation...nothing is like being home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment