Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Family Book

One of the first things we did when we started the adoption process was make a book about our family. It has pictures of us, tells a little about each of us, & has pictures of our house, rooms, & animals. The book was used to send to CPS caseworkers who were looking at us as potential parents & then would one day be sent to our son when he would be told that he is no longer a foster child but has a forever family selected for him. Well, "P" received our book last week & today I received a picture of him holding it with a big smile across his face. I actually also talked with his foster mom on the phone today. She was giving me dates of some upcoming appointments he has in the next couple of months so we can either get them transferred here or travel back to his town to go to them. Anyways, she said "P" loves his book & he is carrying it around the house with him. He points to the pictures & says, "Daddy" & "Momma". She says when he points to Madison he says, "cousin" but she reminds him that is big sister. He points at Gage & says, "brother" & "baby sister" when he points at Autumn. She said he will point at our dog Layla & say, "MY puppy". She said he pointed at our house & said, "Wow". She says she still does not think he gets that he will actually leave her to live with us but he is really excited to see us. It makes my heart happy! I pray it helps with the transition & meeting but I know it will still be hard. Foster mom said she really thinks he is going to love playing with Gage. She is sad he will be leaving but she's so happy for his future. I reassured her we will keep in touch by phone & come for visits. I can't believe only 17 days until I get to hug him!

No comments: