Monday, January 25, 2010

1 year anniversay

Okay, so I just realized I'm 2 days late with the celebration (lots going on) but today I remembered that Autumn has been home for a year now. Whoo Hoo! Let me just say that this has been the most amazing year of my life!

I've come to know God in a much deeper way and understand His love for me even more...yes, there were times of doubt but looking back I see how His hand has been marked all over our lives.

My husband and I have become a stronger team and work so well together and balance each other out.

I've come to appreciate my children more this year than I ever have before. I see now the little things in life that I need to cherish more and to just take time to sit back and actually enjoy their presence.

I've changed more and continue to change. I'm finally able to conquer some of the struggles I've had for years like my lack of patience and hot temperment. Autumn has allowed God to work in me those deep areas I've dealt with for years by teaching me patience and compassion in a way I never saw before she was in my life.

Our worst fears came true the day we realized Autumn needed to be trached and vent dependent and we wondered what our lives would be like from that day on. Our fears quickly vanished though each day when we would wake up every morning to this special little girl who always greets us with a HUGE smile. It took me awhile to accept what task we were given but once we got the hang of dealing with all the extra equipment and doing things a little differently than normal we were able to experience the joy God wanted us to experience all along. Our family is just as God planned and we feel complete now. We love all we've been blessed with and so thankful for what this past year has done in our lives. I'm anxious to see what lessons, changes, and blessings God has in store for us this next year.

1 comment:

Mikala said...

Aw! I loved this post.