Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year's

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Happy New Year's Eve. James worked and I stayed home. My parents came over for dinner and played with the grandkids for awhile. Madison left after dinner and went to a friends house (yes, we are getting to that age). Sad since it was the first new year's (I think) that she was not around. Gage and I celebrated the new year countdown with New York time (he was ready to go to bed). It was so sweet because I told him people kiss at the new year so once it turned the new year he leaned over and kissed my cheek. I then went to give Autumn a kiss in her bed and then started crying. Last year it was so hard having her at the hospital so I'm just SO thankful for all of our "firsts" we get to do with her this holiday season. I have to admit I was a little bummed that I was having to stay home for new years and it was just going to be me, Gage, and Autumn at midnight....it would of been fun to be able to hang out with friends BUT I'm glad I it turned out that way. After putting Gage to bed, I spent some time with my Lord in His quietness and reflecting on these past 2 years and what is in our future. There is no better way to bring in the new year than a great talk with God and a peaceful night's rest. This next year I'm going to try really hard to lose all my "baby" weight...really it's more like stress weight but I say that every year and pack on more pounds instead so I'm praying this year I can stick to that goal. I'm also very hopeful with Autumn's progress and pray there will be NO surgeries in 2010 and that by 2011 she will be sitting up on her own and off the vent during the day and drinking by mouth. Those would be HUGE accomplishments in our lives if she reached those goals and I feel she can. I'm going to strive this year to just become more like my Saviour and to really take more time to teach my children more about God and give them the tools they will need to get through life. Well, off to get Autumn's morning routine going and get 2010 on it's way!!! Love you all!!!

No comments: