Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby Shower Thanks

Yesterday my church family and a couple of friends gave me a baby shower. We were blessed abundantly. I did not want a shower at all because for one I am not a people person and secondly I have been in moods where I just want to be alone and not always be explaining about Autumn and third this is my third child and felt I did not need a shower. Well, my persistant friend Sarah would not take no for an answer and gathered people together to give me a shower and send out invites. She said I just needed to let people bless me so that is another lesson I am having to learn since I am so independent and want to be able to handle everything myself. Well, I am so glad I had the shower. We received LOTS of money for our travel and doctor expenses as well as almost EVERYTHING I need for Autumn. What I did not get, I have enough in gift cards to finish the list off. It was also wonderful to see how many people from church that love our family and want to bless us. We have been going to Stonegate for 3 years this August and have met so many wonderful, loving, and giving people. God has blessed James and I with the best family there is, great friends, and a wonderful church family. I feel guilty when so many people are helping us out and I know that there are many others that have much greater problems than we do and do not have any of the support and blessing we have in our lives. All I can do to ease that guilt is to give some of the blessings we receive to others who are in greater need than us. Yesterday was just another testament that God does take care of his children and blesses us beyond what we can ask for. His love continues to amaze me daily.

I want to add a thank you to everyone who came to the shower yesterday and showed your love to our family. I also know not everyone that I know could be invited but I know that I want to thank you all as well for all the blessing and prayers you have given to us. I also want to thank the wonderful ladies who planned it all...Sarah, Tanya, Bess, Amie, Cassie, and Janice. You girls mean so much to me and I love you all.

3 comments:

Chris said...

When you get this message, would you please send me an email, I have a question for you.

Shippie20@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Chris Shipman

Bill Yuhasz said...

you need to post some shower pictures!

Bill Yuhasz said...

Well I guess since Bill is the "blogger" now it just defaults to him-sorry!