Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This was my day....

My day started at 4:30am this morning when I got up to let the dogs outside. I walked by Gage's room and smelt a horrible odor. I turned on the hallway light and looked inside to see Gage was sound asleep in a puddle of diarrhea. So I had to put Gage in the bath since he was covered from head to toe. I woke up James to help and he was bathing Gage as I cleaned up the mess in his bed. As Gage was in the bath he started vomiting and then had to diarrhea some more so we got what we could cleaned and then back to bed. Gage has not been sick since but he has been lethargic ALL day and will not eat and just wants to be held and rocked so James and I have been taking turns just holding Gage. My poor baby! Well, as I was holding him this evening Madison decided she wanted to go outside and ride her scooter. Not even 5 minutes later we hear the door open and she comes in the house crying...I jump out of the chair (leaving Gage laying in the chair..pictured above) and this is what I see......
She had fallen off her scooter and her whole body scraped against the concrete. As you can see how messed up her face is, she also has a scraped arm, two scraped up knees, and her big toe has all the skin scraped completely off. She was bleeding all over and crying hysterically. Madison though will not let me touch her at all so she cleaned herself up and then she allowed me to apply ointment to her scrapes. She looks like someone beat her up and her poor busted lip is all swollen. Now she does not want to go into public until she is healed. So, this was just a glimpse into the day I had and I get to look forward to adding a third one into the mix. Help me Lord. :) Tomorrow is a new day. I am being paged by my son again--looks like it is my turn to rock.

3 comments:

Patty said...

My Poor Babies! I wish I was there to take my turn rocking Gage and nursing Madison! I love you all so much! Nanny

Emily said...

OH gosh! You poor thing! Somedays when it rains it pours!

The Durham's said...

Lacy- I am so sorry! Being Mommy is so rewarding and so exhausting at the same time:) Bless you guys and we are praying for you!