Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My 23rd Psalm

In the Disciplines Prayer Life this is an exercise I had to do about how I view my identity with God and how I see my relationship with him. I view mine as a hiker with their guide and I was to write my own 23rd Psalm about it.

The Lord is my guide, He leads me on His path.
He conducts my steps so I may walk according to His will.
He restores my strength when I become weary
He's always there to help me and will never abandon me through the valleys
Although the path may become difficult and steep to hike at times and I may feel lost,
I will fear no obsticles in my way because He is there to carry me through.
He is my stronghold and comforter.
You have prepared a journey before me that will reveal Your love and glory to others.
You renew my body to persevere and my blessings overflow.
Surely my journey will give you the glory all the days of my life
and then I shall sit at the feet of my Deliverer.
I can always look at this Psalm to remind myself of the intimate, special, and unique relationship I have with my Lord and how he guides me through all of lives ups and downs and how He always is there carrying me through each step I make.

2 comments:

The Durham's said...

This is so beautiful, Lacy! What an amazing heart He has given you! I would be honored to meet your sweet family, one day, if you guys ever head back up to DFW and have some free time:) Your trust in our Father is so inspiring! Bless you guys!

Mikala said...

That is amazing! I love it!