Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2009 Review

Looking back over the past year...this is how busy our little Autumn and we have been.

Autumn has had 50 therapy sessions of speech, physical and occupational therapy combined.

She has had 35-40 different doctor appts. So, that makes us having an average of some type of appt/therapy every 4 days throughout the year.

She has been to the ER three times this year and one of those being a time we seriously thought we were going to lose her.
She has only had 2 surgeries this year which is great compared to the 6 she had last year.

We have driven to Dallas 10 times this year so that is a total of 6,500 miles. We could of gone from New York to California, back to New York, and then half way to Cali again. I would of much rather see the sites of that trip than the ugly scenery from Midland to Dallas 20 times! :)

We have spent out of pocket (including having both insurance and Medicaid) a total of $6,373.17 on medical bills and related expenses like parking and gas. That is even with the help of funds from Medicaid to help with gas for trips. Thank goodness for all the donations and funds we recieved to help pay for those expenses.

No telling how much medical supplies we have been through or the hundreds of nursing hours we have had as well....and the numerous phone calls I've made over the past year for medical issues pertaining to Autumn.

Autumn has become my new full-time job. Even though I get sick and tired of all the appts, phone calls, and traveling....the smiles and accomplishments I receive from Autumn completely outnumbers any of the stuff I have listed above. I could not imagine how much more empty my life would of felt without her being a part of our family. She is very crucial now to our family structure and she has made us all so much more closer, blessed, inspired, and appreciative of each other. Thank you Lord for giving us another year of blessings with our little Autumn and praying for more year after year. I'm so blessed for my 3 beautiful children!

1 comment:

Mikala said...

Little Autumn has grown so much! You have a beautiful family. Your children are awesome! It's crazy to think of all that you've been through especially when you lay it out like you did. God is truly amazing and he never gives us more than we can handle. You are handling this situation with grace. You're an incredibly strong and courageous woman and your family is blessed to have you.